Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 443198 times)

Wow, Plastiware! Looking pretty good!

new game for like the 50th time boii

(click the gif)

The last shot doesn't fire tho :|

yeah idk how to fix that : /

Progress is slow, and will continue to be slow for a while, but I've set up a Trello board to keep track of my progress towards getting the basic systems all in, so I can focus on the assets (importing and animating LEGO bricks) and the design (the investigations and scenarios) for the prototype.

In the meantime, I finally picked up a copy of L.A. Noire, and I'm working my way through that game. I'm not finished with the story yet (roughly half-way), but I will soon feel confident enough with the mechanics to talk about some of the stuff I've picked up on, just like when I broke apart Murdered: Soul Suspect. Expect a bloody big post in the coming future.

Progress is slow, and will continue to be slow for a while, but I've set up a Trello board to keep track of my progress towards getting the basic systems all in, so I can focus on the assets (importing and animating LEGO bricks) and the design (the investigations and scenarios) for the prototype.

In the meantime, I finally picked up a copy of L.A. Noire, and I'm working my way through that game. I'm not finished with the story yet (roughly half-way), but I will soon feel confident enough with the mechanics to talk about some of the stuff I've picked up on, just like when I broke apart Murdered: Soul Suspect. Expect a bloody big post in the coming future.

Looking forward to that long post. Your game dissections are always interesting to read.

Loving those gore physics. xD

The Game Engine I am using to make SUPER_ALCHEMIST now has a public repo! It's not really in too stable a state yet (see issues) but on the bright side almost all the features are in place and working now.

It's a slightly hard library to set up by hand, so I've also created a Devkit that does that for you.

I'm working on a game in Love2D

(click for higher quality and full video with my issues)

• I want to make the wall jumping less derpy for leaping off walls as opposed to climbing them
  • Find a way to make dashing look like weird
  • Fix the jittery motion of the player when viewed at close scales
  • Probably improve the animations
  • I haven't design enough level to see how the camera fairs, current it orbits around the player depending on where the mouse is.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 06:23:51 PM by chrisbot6 »