Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 443700 times)

Well, we've had to cut about 75% of the gameplay from the demo (or at least from its design document), but it means we'll get a higher quality and more focused product in the long run. We plan on making a full game out of this after college, so it's not all doom and gloom.

I'm going to make a game where you play as a business man and you run around a strange land and it combines platforming with adventure-game character interaction. It will be neat.

I'm going to make a game where you play as a business man and you run around a strange land and it combines platforming with adventure-game character interaction. It will be neat.
I'll look forward to it!

In my game design class we have to use this god awful thing called Kodu. I have to make a "game" in it but I have no clue WHAT to make since the program is so limited in just about everything.

is anyone here good at c++

because i wanna use it to make games and stuff, I already have SFML set up so I know how to add graphics already

In my game design class we have to use this god awful thing called Kodu. I have to make a "game" in it but I have no clue WHAT to make since the program is so limited in just about everything.
game design class where? primary school?

or is this a joke

game design class where? primary school?

or is this a joke

A Canuckistani highschool.

My teacher doesn't even know how to use the loving program.

A Canuckistani highschool.

My school's graphic design class is stuff.

It's not hard to figure out that all the 'work' we're assigned in class is just copyrighted-material taken from the internet.
And of course she doesn't know how to use the programs either because whenever we ask for help, she just says to refer back to the workbook, or skip ahead.

My school's graphic design class is stuff.

It's not hard to figure out that all the 'work' we're assigned in class is just copyrighted-material taken from the internet.
And of course she doesn't know how to use the programs either because whenever we ask for help, she just says to refer back to the workbook, or skip ahead.

My teacher didn't even HAVE the workbook until half way through the class.

not really the teacher's fault. if you want someone to blame, find out who assigned them to teach those classes

not really the teacher's fault. if you want someone to blame, find out who assigned them to teach those classes

Except my teacher had a choice to teach it and wanted to.

I did practice some 6502 assembly few months ago.
The way the games work is a bit different, but i like developing within strict hardware limitations (if anyone knows what i mean).

psssh, assembly is for babies
gotta use that raw machine code

Except my teacher had a choice to teach it and wanted to.
What were the other choices? They were probably worse.

Jesus Christ. So, my fellow level designers are arguing about how much the level looks like either:

- A richard
- A buttplug
- A combination of the two