Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 443064 times)

i like python a lot but it really is weird to go from python to C-like languages and vice-versa

always end up puttin colons after my if statements and whatnot...

but whenever I need to use javascript or something that requires extra things, it's a little annoying cus I keep forgetting to add the semicolons
Psst... JavaScript doesn't require semicolons!

:(
Is this true JS or just JS syntax though? Try creating a JS file and running it via HTML instead.

well you should still use them

but C# does require them, and that's actually the specific example I had in mind. since I was using it earlier that day

ooh that's very impressive. I've always wondered how that really works
Basically I fill the grid with noise and then use a modified version of Conway's game of life to make each square more like the squares surrounding them. Works pretty well.
I followed this video loosely https://youtu.be/v7yyZZjF1z4

bkaw

i keep expecting a car to come through and run over the chickens
what is wrong with me

OT: i'm making hatred 2d
expect updates soon

please shizza your avatar

After realizing that animating the oceans for my RTS by moving UV coordinates around or using animated textures is stupid, I wrote a shader that lets me control the flow direction of the water with normal maps. This was also sorta helpful.

Now I just have to figure out a way to generate the flow map for oceans...

that's lookin PRETTY NICE if i do say so  m y s e l f!

:(
That's a warning from the editor, not an actual error.

well you should still use them

but C# does require them, and that's actually the specific example I had in mind. since I was using it earlier that day
Two very, very specific cases you can only run into by being careless. Using semicolons all the time because of these cases is a terrible idea.

guys i'm using gamemaker to make some stuff and i think i figured out character customization

Two very, very specific cases you can only run into by being careless. Using semicolons all the time because of these cases is a terrible idea.
morally, its the right thing to do
also I don't think I would call it a terrible idea
even if they're not required they're definitely still allowed and using them won't hurt anything

guys i'm using gamemaker to make some stuff and i think i figured out character customization
wot
send me a demo of this