Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 442999 times)

Does anyone know of a good resource for making a metroidvania? I really loved the metroid prime series and wanted to take a shot a developing a simple prototype for my own game.
clickteam fusion 2.5, really good for making top down shooters or platformers

By resource I mean more of a guide, though it doesn't have to be a guide just somewhere I can visit if I need help or want to learn the best way of doing something.

EDIT: I also mean more of a design aspect and not actually creating the game.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 05:18:32 PM by Nymph »

C++:

Lua:

Result:

Putting this here for further reference :)

HAHAHAHAHAAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Oh brother.

Sorry, just remembering how my friend had to restart his entire major project in Unity because his faith in Fusion got him to a point where he was no longer able to make the game he wanted, even after forking out hundreds in order to unlock the mobile exporters.

HAHAHAHAHAAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Oh brother.

Sorry, just remembering how my friend had to restart his entire major project in Unity because his faith in Fusion got him to a point where he was no longer able to make the game he wanted, even after forking out hundreds in order to unlock the mobile exporters.
why are you so salty all of a sudden

Dost thou even know what thee salt signifies?

Just specifically about Fusion. My friend had a really loving clever idea, and had he spent the entire 2 terms with Unity he probably would have pulled off something completely magical.

Fusion seems to be fairly awful unless you're willing to fork out a stuffload of cash to unlock what I would consider basic features.

winner winner chicken dinner!

did someone say salt? ;)

does anyone here use atom?
i'm thinking about moving over to it from sublime

does anyone here use atom?
i'm thinking about moving over to it from sublime
some people do but I'm not a big fan
what don't you like about sublime?

depending on what you're doing, exactly, you might be better off with more specific software

I'm learning Gamemaker and i managed to make a crappy Hotline Miami inspired Top down character:

The head rotates 360 degrees and the body moves in 4 directions. There are no legs. Probably should open HM to study how the character works. Now that I'm thinking about it while posting this, HM only has the upper body move and legs as a different object, right?

i don't think hm actually has legs

nvm

Now that I'm thinking about it while posting this, HM only has the upper body move and legs as a different object, right?
yeah, the legs move as a seperate animation under the body

yeah, the legs move as a seperate animation under the body
The head is part of the upper body object though, right?