Game Design Megathread

Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 443453 times)

I want to put LOCO on a shelf for a moment, if only because of the massive amount of feature creep that's happening as I write this document up. It's already become such a complex project, when really what I need to do is work on really small projects to build some confidence.

My plan, then, is to write up three to six proposal documents and pitch them to you guys. Small projects that can be done on the quick, not necessarily LEGO based. Stuff I'll want to work on hard. Thing along the lines of simple FPS or Racing games. I'll give you guys the deets when I can.

And no, this doesn't mean the end for LEGO Investigations or LEGO Cityscape. It simply means I've recognised I'm not there yet.

Introducing Booty, the scrawny, boot-clad baboon.  Unlike his friend Seadog, whose burly physique protects him from stomps but not slide kicks, this monkey's boots protect him from being tripped by a slide kick -- but he's not bulky enough to guard against being stomped.

I love the universe you've created Plastiware, very truly inspiring :)

On a serious roll with programming enemies this morning for some reason.  Here's a rat skeleton.

My god.
I am so excited for your game now Plastiware.
The features shown so far are promising and i have the feeling the game will be great.
I enjoy seeing your progress updates.

local man obsessed with dust

click for full size

edit:

local man gives gun to dog

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 05:32:26 PM by Bosie1997 »

Messing with lights and normals.
Not much interesting going on.

-snip-
Messing with lights and normals.
Not much interesting going on.
Impressive! Why does the light go up on top of the wall sections though? Is that coincidental and you just haven't programmed around it yet, or did you purposely put that in there?

Impressive! Why does the light go up on top of the wall sections though? Is that coincidental and you just haven't programmed around it yet, or did you purposely put that in there?
The part where light goes on top of the wall sections is me testing jumping. It's kind of a fun bug that probably shouldn't be there.

The part where light goes on top of the wall sections is me testing jumping. It's kind of a fun bug that probably shouldn't be there.
Ah, didn't see the jumping last time. I guess it'd make sense if the light went above the top of the wall at some point, but then it wouldn't have a linearly sloping falloff, I suppose...

The new Blockland gamemode looks great, guys.