Author Topic: Music Megathread  (Read 206027 times)

Three upcoming tracks. :)
3 followers away from 500, I want to release the first one on here when I hit but it's taking so looong. :(
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 10:31:02 PM by BluetoothBoy »

any tips on music creation? i'm starting from absolutely nothing and i have no idea what to do

most important right now, what program should i start out with first? i'm thinking nanostudio
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 05:28:17 AM by ßlöükfáce »

any tips on music creation? i'm starting from absolutely nothing and i have no idea what to do

most important right now, what program should i start out with first? i'm thinking nanostudio
what type of music? If you want to get serious into music then I'd suggest putting money into some good software. i learned almost everything i know as far as electronic music and mastering/recording on Ableton Live so I'm obligated to recommend that, but otherwise I'd suggest looking in to Image Line's FLstudio or Propellorhead's Reason. I don't know anything about Nanostudio or mobile apps. Aside from software, although not necessary, I find it easier to write music with a physical interface so I'd suggest getting a MIDI keyboard after you've got your software squared away.

that said, none of that is really necessary to learning how to write music. you can learn how to write music with just a guitar or whatever instrument you can get your hands on. just watch youtube videos on songwriting for the style that you're interested in and you'll get the hang of it.

I bought a keyboard last weekend (don't know how to play it much) and this is the first thing I composed :D
https://soundcloud.com/muckscott/first-keyboard-thing

EDIT: also you can hear me sing if you type "goon and the kings" into spotify :D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 07:39:57 PM by Jervan »

Three upcoming tracks. :)
3 followers away from 500, I want to release the first one on here when I hit but it's taking so looong. :(

I DID IT. 500 followers in about 9 months. Thanks to everyone who has followed/supported me up to this point. :)

WYRE

So hey, what would you guys think about making a discord for BL music prod? And allow non-blocklanders as well, just because. Feels a little more interactive than a thread where nobody receives any feedback and hardly posts anything, lmao. Plus, Skype is stuff and I miss talking to you guys.

In fact, I have one set up here for further configuration if anyone's interested.

In other news, I ACTUALLY MADE LEGIT COMPLEXTRO HOLY richardNUGGET

Funnily enough my favorite part is the soft arp at 2:15 because it's such a nice little interlude with delay and reverb and all that nice floaty sounding shiz, then suddenly SIDECHAINED ROBOTIC SOUND AYY LMAO
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 05:06:52 PM by Kingdaro »

So hey, what would you guys think about making a discord for BL music prod? And allow non-blocklanders as well, just because. Feels a little more interactive than a thread where nobody receives any feedback and hardly posts anything, lmao. Plus, Skype is stuff and I miss talking to you guys.

In fact, I have one set up here for further configuration if anyone's interested.

In other news, I ACTUALLY MADE LEGIT COMPLEXTRO HOLY richardNUGGET

Funnily enough my favorite part is the soft arp at 2:15 because it's such a nice little interlude with delay and reverb and all that nice floaty sounding shiz, then suddenly SIDECHAINED ROBOTIC SOUND AYY LMAO
more ppl join this discord i need ppl i can talk about synths and stuff with