Poll

Do you think Personal Add-ons are OKAY?

Yes, Personal add-ons increase server appeal
81 (59.1%)
No, everything should be open-source
42 (30.7%)
(bonus) Private add-ons are also okay to me.
14 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Author Topic: General Opinions on Personal add-ons?  (Read 9855 times)

In my opinion, if you give an add-on you made to a few people, give it to everyone.
If you made to set your server out from the others then that's fine.

There shouldn't be any question here. If you make something, you have full ownership of the creative work. Nobody else has the right to distribute it.

Too bad that nobody actually licenses their add-ons which means "nobody else has the right to distribute it" won't work.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:36:08 PM by Port »

Too bad that nobody actually licenses their add-ons which means "nobody else has the right to distribute it" won't work.
Actually noone has the right to use it unless you stick a license on it allowing that, not the other way around

Reinforcementss add-ons is copyrighted by Reinforcements co.
Any use of this add-on besides the creator will be judged in a e-court of law.
Legally, the moment you create an original work it becomes yours with or without a "license".
Actually noone has the right to use it unless you stick a license on it allowing that, not the other way around
I believe that's correct.

We're diving into some really really bad waters if we're getting all legal about Blockland add-ons.

We're diving into some really really bad waters if we're getting all legal about Blockland add-ons.
buy Mini-Nukes for 3 easy payments of $1.79!

Legally does anyone really have a leg to stand on when it comes to add on development?

Legally does anyone really have a leg to stand on when it comes to add on development?
It's not about money, so noone would give more than a half stuff.