Author Topic: Question about Maya.  (Read 2104 times)

Can you make DTS shapes with Maya? I really don't know anything about the compression and file types. Just how to model.

You can. Get the exporter at the Blockland Download page. Its kinda hard to use though. Maya overall is hard to use as well.

it works with dts exporter.. but the learning edition doesnt export.. wish i would have known that.. bloody waste of $40....

Cool, I may consider eventually stepping onto modeling for Blockland. (thats all though, I know nothing of coding.)

I have Maya 8 Unlimited but I was wondering, does it matter what material we use since phong and such is reflective. I'm guessing lambert?

Lambert is the main shapder to use although it also supports blinn - however i'm not sure whether the maya2DTS exporter supports environment mapping etc. which is probably what you'd use the blinn shader for.

I just learned rigging today... I hate it. My character that I've been working on is awesome. I'll post a picture later.

i like maya. it's the only thing i can actually understand besides milkshape, but i like maya better. I usually just export things i make in maya as .fbx files, flatshade them in milkshape, and them export them as .dts.