Author Topic: Advanced GUI tutorial?  (Read 1602 times)

I looked at Jes00's basic GUI editor but I want to learn more, specifically how to add elements to the GUI easily, and programmatically.

The best way to learn something with Programming/Designing is trial and error. Just practice by making other things.

The best way to learn something with Programming/Designing is trial and error. Just practice by making other things.

Better is to take an existing gui and made some edits to it to try to understand how it works until you feel like you could recreate most of it on your own if you wanted.

I looked at Jes00's basic GUI editor but I want to learn more, specifically how to add elements to the GUI easily, and programmatically.
The gui editor wasn't created by jes00

The gui editor wasn't created by jes00
sorry, his basic GUI editor tutorial

Try the Torque 3D official GUI tutorial
http://docs.garagegames.com/torque-3d/official/content/documentation/GUI%20Editor/Tutorials/Firstgui.html
Install torque 3D and use their GUI editor. Much better then the BL one...

Try the Torque 3D official GUI tutorial
http://docs.garagegames.com/torque-3d/official/content/documentation/GUI%20Editor/Tutorials/Firstgui.html
Install torque 3D and use their GUI editor. Much better then the BL one...
who says everything will be compatible

If you've worked with guis some time, you know which controls exist here and which don't. The t3d editor is way better.

specifically how to add elements to the GUI easily, and programmatically

Open any .gui file. It's TorqueScript.

Me...

Some controls will not work but over all the quality of T3D official is much higher that the blockland one

it's literally just torquescript

guis are objects, you can make stuff

it's literally just torquescript

guis are objects, you can make stuff

In other words GUI's are phrased not compiled. You can open one up in notepad and view/add/delete/edit its elements.