Author Topic: My parents will not stop bothering me.  (Read 4248 times)

OP your dad is a loving starfish. Put the motherforgeter in his place
chill with that $trinick stuff

Explain the situation to your coach, and have him call your parents to have a serious discussion with them.

I'm 100% serious about this, it would do a lot of good.

CLARIFICATION: YELLING TO YOUR PARENTS ISNT GOING TO DO stuff IF THEY'RE THIS IGNORANT, THEY NEED YELLING FROM ANOTHER MATURE ADULT
Yeah, scratch a lot of what I said. Tell your coach or a Doctor to tell them everything I said instead

Go ahead

SlayerZ99's parents,

You don't seem to grasp the concept of what happens with an injury so I'm going to explain it to you. When an injury occurs, the injured person, IE. your son, needs time to relax and let this injury heal and get back to strength. Further stress exerted on that injury will prevent it from healing and could serve to make the injury worse.

Now this is a back injury. In my opinion, this deserves even more attention then lets say a sprained wrist. The spine is a vital part of bodily functions, protecting the spinal cord. Now your son has a herniated disk. This can provide a good amount of pain and requires rest. If you keep pushing it, especially playing football, the disk may collapse completely. This will cause severe pain and may put the spinal cord and nerves in danger. It can cause numbness in his legs, permanent injuries, and worst case scenario could cause paralysis. So is this loving football game worth it? Worth a future of pain and costly surgeries. I am becoming an EMT, but I don't need that knowledge to know protecting the spine is vital.

He doesn't feel up to playing, his coach recommends he doesn't play, and I can assume his doctor doesn't love the idea of him playing either. What more proof do you need? Why do you insist on going against what everyone, clearly more experienced then yourselves, thinks is right.

Also, what kind of parents are you. Trying to make your son feel like stuff for wanting to do the responsible thing. Telling him he let the team down, giving him the silent treatment, and making facebook posts claiming he disappointed you? You are pathetic excuses for people. Your ignorance is going to cause a severe injury and then you can enjoy paying tens of thousands for medical bills because of your decision. As well as have a son crippled for the rest of his life by pain, all because you couldn't let a football game in loving high school go.

I feel bad for him. Not because of the injury. For having to deal with a pair of ignorant starfishs like yourselves. You are supposed to have your sons best interests at heart, instead you are pressuring him towards failure. I'm just glad he is smart enough to avoid doing something that will surely cripple him. For parents, you both need to grow up.

That felt good.

chill with that $trinick stuff
I don't mean like bash him with a bat lol
What I mean is make him understand your situation and how hard it is for you. Stubborn forgets are the worst to deal with, trust me.

SlayerZ99's parents,

You don't seem to grasp the concept of what happens with an injury so I'm going to explain it to you. When an injury occurs, the injured person, IE. your son, needs time to relax and let this injury heal and get back to strength. Further stress exerted on that injury will prevent it from healing and could serve to make the injury worse.

Now this is a back injury. In my opinion, this deserves even more attention then lets say a sprained wrist. The spine is a vital part of bodily functions, protecting the spinal cord. Now your son has a herniated disk. This can provide a good amount of pain and requires rest. If you keep pushing it, especially playing football, the disk may collapse completely. This will cause severe pain and may put the spinal cord and nerves in danger. It can cause numbness in his legs, permanent injuries, and worst case scenario could cause paralysis. So is this loving football game worth it? Worth a future of pain and costly surgeries. I am becoming an EMT, but I don't need that knowledge to know protecting the spine is vital.

He doesn't feel up to playing, his coach recommends he doesn't play, and I can assume his doctor doesn't love the idea of him playing either. What more proof do you need? Why do you insist on going against what everyone, clearly more experienced then yourselves, thinks is right.

Also, what kind of parents are you. Trying to make your son feel like stuff for wanting to do the responsible thing. Telling him he let the team down, giving him the silent treatment, and making facebook posts claiming he disappointed you? You are pathetic excuses for people. Your ignorance is going to cause a severe injury and then you can enjoy paying tens of thousands for medical bills because of your decision. As well as have a son crippled for the rest of his life by pain, all because you couldn't let a football game in loving high school go.

I feel bad for him. Not because of the injury. For having to deal with a pair of ignorant starfishs like yourselves. You are supposed to have your sons best interests at heart, instead you are pressuring him towards failure. I'm just glad he is smart enough to avoid doing something that will surely cripple him. For parents, you both need to grow up.

That felt good.
now we just need his moms email

lol im assuming these are the classic small town redneck type parents.
the kind that gives a flying forget about the highschool's football wins. like it even matters lol

That's a very fatherly thing to do. "Oh hey my son is injured, better pressure him to get hurt even worse!"

ill show them if they ask again
lol im assuming these are the classic small town redneck type parents.
the kind that gives a flying forget about the highschool's football wins. like it even matters lol
apparently

The thing is I didn't start playing football until a year ago. Maybe my dad is trying to live his high school football through me. He never got to play football and was stuck with soccer

Sorry about your injury. When will you think you will get back into football?

SlayerZ99's parents,

That felt good.
Yeah the whole time I'm reading it I'm just thinking: Why does he keep messing with his back like that? Back injuries are really serious

Ill just put it bluntly. Your parents are jackasses

If all else fails, call over your coach and a few others who actually care that you have a debilitating injury. Have an intervention for your parents. They are your parents, yes, and they deserve respect in being so, but you need to make them understand that respect should be a two way mutual thing. Get this message across, even if you have to seriously take a stand against them: if you care about me and my future, then allow me to make an important decision that could affect the entire outcome of my future.

Get emotional. Get upset. Get mad, even. This is no small, deal, as I'm sure you're aware, so you need to make them feel the same way about this that you do, no matter what it takes. (Within reason.)

Sorry about your injury. When will you think you will get back into football?
next year

Omfg my dad called my coach today so after school my coach pulled me aside and asked how I was doing and I said ok. He asked good enough to play and I said no. I asked him of my parents called him and be said my dad did. So just to get him to shut up for a second coach and I agreed I would try and so the warmups. Had to stop being the pain in my back was coming back.

It's baffling how much your parents don't care about your health...