Author Topic: My parents will not stop bothering me.  (Read 4112 times)

this is stupid. you dont play sports because you arent physically fit. if you seriously think sports are too mcuh of a "time commitment" then you are pretty dumb lol. i can do perfectly fine in school while in sports. and if you are too much of a little pusillanimous individual to play sports because you are afraid youll get hurt then holy stuff lol ok. idk even know where you got the drama part from

well someones getting defensive over nothing

ot: i think everyone is overreacting, i mean we dont even know if op has gone to a doctor and seen if the injury is even that bad. he could just be complaining about his hurt back when he could probably play through it instead of just deciding to sit out. ive had multiple injuries during football, i broke my hand this season and didnt even know it, i didnt sit out just because i felt bad. you only have four years to have the chance to play free organized sports with a group of people youll like and grow close with, so you shouldnt just throw that out the window.

although op's injury does sound serious so im guessing it is. that sucks, i hate having to ever sit out haha, especially since its your last game. always next year though. also your guys' season goes really late wow, did you make it to playoffs?
I've been to a doctor and to a physical therapist

and no we didnt make it to the playoffs

Anyway, Planr, in professional sports, players are never expected to play on injuries that could potentially permanently disable you. If they do, it's entirely up to them. The same goes for high school.
Exactly, that's the point i'm trying to make.

I have no clue where you got the idea that playing with a herniated disc is a normal thing for athletes to do
I have no clue where you got the idea that this is something I said. Perhaps it was implied by what I said, but it's not what I meant.

Let me bring up my previous post:
This is exactly the kind of thing that you ought to expect when playing heavy sports like this. Professional athletes play on injuries all the time. Perhaps not injuries as potentially threatening as this, but i can recall countless time I see players in NFL football and whatnot playing on muscle sprains and such. Totally normal in the world of sports.
My message is that injuries like this are normal (as in, to be expected as a naturally possible danger) side effects of playing heavy sports, such as football. It happens. Whether or not he is forced to play is another matter.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:34:08 AM by Planr »

For those unaware, a herniated disc can cause permanent paralysis.

the other day I accidently hit my dad it the back and I come home today and my mom tells me that my dad was having back pains today

so I said "Oh really? well if it happens it happens right?"

mfw

Tell your dad he should be worried, if one of those disks breaks that could lead to some serious problems. I'm not going to even name how bad some of them are but uh.
The worst one I can think of is being paralyzed from waist down. Life begins to fade and the only thing you do is roll in a chair and stuff yourself.

Such a loving dad.

"Yeah you might cripple yourself but it's ok because team spirit, man!"

this is stupid. you dont play sports because you arent physically fit. if you seriously think sports are too mcuh of a "time commitment" then you are pretty dumb lol. i can do perfectly fine in school while in sports. and if you are too much of a little pusillanimous individual to play sports because you are afraid youll get hurt then holy stuff lol ok. idk even know where you got the drama part frommaybe you should read better

ot: i think everyone is overreacting, i mean we dont even know if op has gone to a doctor and seen if the injury is even that bad. he could just be complaining about his hurt back when he could probably play through it instead of just deciding to sit out. ive had multiple injuries during football, i broke my hand this season and didnt even know it, i didnt sit out just because i felt bad. you only have four years to have the chance to play free organized sports with a group of people youll like and grow close with, so you shouldnt just throw that out the window.

although op's injury does sound serious so im guessing it is. that sucks, i hate having to ever sit out haha, especially since its your last game. always next year though. also your guys' season goes really late wow, did you make it to playoffs?
I'm afraid to ask you how you would feel if someone doesn't play sports just because they aren't interested in it.

"SON, WHO GIVES A forget IF YOU'RE AT THREAT OF BEING PARALYZED FOR LIFE, NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20!"

"SON, WHO GIVES A forget IF YOU'RE AT THREAT OF BEING PARALYZED FOR LIFE, NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20!"
"HOW DARE YOU DISAPPOINT! MY SON IS NOT A QUITTER! I DON'T loving CARE IF YOU HAD A HEART ATTACK OR STROKE, GO RUN THE MILE!"

It's your body, so it's your call what you want to do with it. Ignore your parents, because they don't really seem to care for your best interest. My father used to play football in school, but he left because he was having repetitive knee and ankle problems which weren't healing, and even 30 years later still give him some trouble. Luckily for him, his parents were on his side, but the coaches still gave him stuff for "giving up". Just ignore them, you seem to know what's best for you so go with what you are feeling.

He said he went to a doctor. And sorry to say but back injuries are far more severe then a broken hand. I got into a car accident 4 years ago and 2-3 disks in my lower back compressed. I still have pain today. Granted its only an annoying pain when I stand for long periods of time, the point is a broken hand will heal, back injuries will forget you for the rest of your life.

Plus OP's injury is worse then compressed disks, his could cause paralysis if hit in the wrong way. The game may seem important in the present day, but the rest of your life is a long time to be stuck in a hweel chair for a game.