Poll

Do you like it?

It's good
4 (44.4%)
Not so much (please post reason)
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: The Superscape Project (Hopefully a game someday)  (Read 5642 times)

This offer still stands.
I still need to get a huge chunk of stuff typed up on the details.
A few segments would actually play as decent games on their own.
Bellkel Beach, a deep-water salvage game, which (ironically) I was originally trying to make a Blockland gamemode of via Torquescript, but I didn't have a darn clue what I was doing, so... yeah. Sixteen weapon designs currently, in addition to the Lightbringer and the Salvage Multitool. The closest equivalent that I can think of in Blockland would be Honormining (what with the carrying limits and all), but with different kinds of blocks and massive pre-carved out areas.
Each of the weapons designed for Bellkel Beach has a different affinity color (which affects the color of the glow of the player's "decal-holes" which themselves vary depending on character customization options and helmet options). There are eight affinity colors, and two tiers of the weapon for each affinity color. The first tier is the more "starter" and is good enough until you get pretty deep down (where the plague-beasts are stronger), and the second-tier is a more powerful variant, though the second-tier variants also come with a few downfalls of their own. Almost all the weapons have a secondary attack form. A few of them will function differently out-of-water in other gamemode designs.

Lightbringer (high-power, adjustible-focus flashlight/laser-cutter hybrid, flashlight is secondary fire, tertiary effect is minor darkvision; note that the Lightbringer holds actual sunlight captured and amplified in a self-feedback loop via the Geg Sun-Chamber technique and therefore is effective out-of-water against certain entities vulnerable to sunlight)

For Red, there's the Boiler-8 (which heats up the area in the target cone/beam, dealing damage moderately fast but slightly increasing the target's movement speed; secondary fire unleashes a blast of compressed hot air or water depending on environment using an intake system, but is relatively weak; Tertiary fire operates as a Flamethrower on land), and the Magmauser (which fires a concentrated stream of magma, compression system allows it to hold a LOT of ammo; underwater, the magma solidifies after a certain distance, becoming a blunt-force weapon. A couple of minerals are unleashed in the resulting ash cloud as well. I haven't figured out the secondary fire yet.)

For Cyan, there's the Deep Freeze (emits a cone of extreme cold via an Nbus Polar Shard's heat-absorbant properties and the damage rate is slower than that of the Boiler-8 but slows the target as well, secondary fire draws on surrounding water to launch ice crystals underwater and does nothing useful out of water, tertiary fire launches liquid nitrogen but is pretty weak underwater) and the Mirmasta (cold and crystal-based weapon, primary fire absorbs surrounding moisture and launches it as a barrage of ice crystals, secondary produces a crystal shield which reflects light-based attacks and weakly blocks other attacks)

For Yellow, there's the Thundervolt (Electric bolt generator powered by a Gorif Spiral Micro-Generator, works by firing a tracer into the target and then launching an extreme current into the tracer, chain lightning secondary fire uses multiple tracers but weaker currents and a weaker stun, tertiary fire uses an alternate chain lightning tracer distribution method and functions more like a shotgun than anything else) and the Horseshoe Cannon (powerful magnetic cannon, primary fire can cause attraction or repulsion on struck objects, both Attraction and Repulsion fire modes can be charged up, secondary fire targets the user instead, tertiary fire swaps between Attraction and Repulsion modes. This is one of the most drastic changes from the tier 1's fire mode, so I should probably figure out how to make them more alike.)

For I forget the color number one, there's the Bubblegun (Draws from compressed air tanks and designed for underwater use; out of water, it can only launch a powerful burst of compressed air, though underwater it can either deliver one big blast or a wall of tiny bubbles as primary and secondary fire respectively; note that divers can also allow it to draw from their own air tanks if in a serious pinch; Tertiary effect allows the diver to release a bubble of compressed air that can refill other divers' air tanks a little bit and save a drowning buddy) and the Hurricane (essentially similar to the Bubblegun, slightly stronger, capable of using the "compression blast" technique underwater to same effect as in the air, but cannot refill other divers' air tanks).

For I forget the color number two, there's the Murkmaker (basically a weaponized squid ink sprayer, but can hold other liquids; Primary fire is a high-pressure spray, intended for underwater use, secondary fire is an out-of-water grenade-like sling thing) and the Tsunami (similar to the Bubblegun and Murkmaker, designed for use out-of-water, capable of truly massive blasts of not only water, but whatever other liquids you feel like stuffing in there; Primary fire is a standard shot, secondary is a charged shot, tertiary is a wide-spray effect)

For light green, there's the C-Rifle (basically an underwater laser rifle with a pretty decent range) and the Tau-9 (powerful weapon that uses Gorif Spiral Micro-Generator and Thirt Particle Alteration system to repurpose radioactive waste into a short-lived and short-ranged beam of extremely hazardous stuffs which quickly self-neutralize and become harmless light energy)

For gold-brown-orange, there's the Seismica (a kinetic and harmonic-based weapon designed to take out large walls of rock, attaches to target for a second uninterrupted and unmoved, then unleashes a very very damaging and almost always lethal stab; secondary fire is unfocused kinetic projection which briefly expands as a half-dome, blocking all attacks made for about a half-second) and the Kinetikrist (a kinetic-based weapon whose primary fire causes a force-based kinetic projection similar to a spear or harpoon to be launched from the end, which has a long cooldown time; secondary fire causes an unfocused kinetic projection which acts similar to that of the Seismica but lasts a fair bit longer).

For purple, there's the Reverberator (primary fire launches a sonic cone-shaped projection which can cause stun and works better underwater; secondary fire launches a small orb of concentrated sonic energy which reflects off walls, becoming weaker with each bounce) and the Echo Papa (collects ambient sound in a Mok Echo Chamber and amplifies it to extremes; primary fire is a powerful cone-shaped sonic wave, secondary fire hits all directions in an unrestrained blast and damages the user as well, tertiary effect is improved hearing except while firing).

And that's the weaponry for Bellkel Beach alone. Doesn't get into armor types n stuff yet though.