1 (8.3%)
Can use multiple materials, bricks have their own health and properties
8 (66.7%)
Craft bricks individually (sohard)
2 (16.7%)
Other (Reply with your suggestion)
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: BLStranded - Massive survival gamemode. [WIP - Some help would be nice]  (Read 2060 times)

BLStranded
About:
Blockland Stranded is a gamemode based on Stranded II made by Unreal Software. In this gamemode, players must collect food, satisfy their needs, hunt and most importantly - survive.
Players would have to craft their items from the stuff they already have, for instance, combining a branch and a vine would create a slingshot, using pebbles as ammo.
Right now, the gamemode has just started an active development cycle, so I will ask a lot of questions regarding the features.
The reason I didn't put this in Modification Discussion is because that topic is barely viewed by anyone, and I really need some feedback about the project.

Screenshots:

To-Do list:
  • hunger/thirst/fatigue systems
  • Ore and Tree collecting system
  • Crafting system
  • Materials, weapons, tools and items
  • GUI and/or command-based Inventory system
  • Character stats that can be upgraded (Strength, Stamina, etc.)
  • Tribes system
  • Building system that makes sense for this (Need suggestions about this one.)
  • Animals and Wild Life (Would be nice to have a modeller guy)
  • A huge map with many islands (Team of builders would be appreciated)
  • Appearance will be based on your equipped items - face and skin color will remain unchanged
  • Fishing
  • Cratable traps that would lure wild life
  • Looting
  • Day-Night-based events

Current Team:
  • Jack Noir (Crystalwarrior) - Scripter, Modeller, Partial Builder
  • Brian Smith - GUI, Scripting
  • Psyche - Builder
  • Alkatjo - Builder

I am accepting any and all help you can offer. This project is ambitious and I could use a helping hand. Builders are what I need the most at this point in time, as well as modellers that are capable to do playermodels.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 02:18:31 AM by Crystalwarrior »

That's cool!
was about to reserve the first post
owell

Thanks, btw

Looking forward to playing this.

If you need another scripter I might be able to help later on.

I have been strapped down and forced to do this.
I'll poop out GUI in an hour.

I have been strapped down and forced to do this.
I'll poop out GUI in an hour.
Adding you to the team.
also wtf you were willing omg???

Badabump.
Added a lot of item models like leaves, logs, ores etc.
You have to click to pick items up, too.
Also added tree-punching and spoils. Punching trees will only give you the spoils :p

Ill help build if you like. My IGN is Psyche and my ID is 29653.

We already had a mod like this..

But does that even work now?

I could help with Scripting / GUI work.

We already had a mod like this..

But does that even work now?
It required specific maps that came with it. So no.

There was another one a while back (survivalRP) which looked pretty good but the people who were working on it quarreled and the project leader wasn't doing stuff and eventually it just forked out into some seperate mods after the guys working on it all stole the original source code and then it was never heard of again. Which was a shame. I liked the radio mechanic.

In case you want inspiration from it - the survivalRP radios had a set distance (they didn't have RTB Prefs back then) that they could transmit to, and outside that distance radio messages could still be heard by those near a radio but they would be "scrambled" depending on distance. (e.g. "Hello are you alive" would become "H....lo a..e yo........ive")
After being a certain amount over the limit messages would just become white noise, and not even the voice of the sender would be distinguishable, appearing as [UNKNOWN] in the chat. It was pretty cool.

I could stop by and dump my island skills all over your map.

Consider adding me for building.

IGN: Alkatjo.

Tons of the stuff on that to-do list have been done for other mods. Just use those.

Tons of the stuff on that to-do list have been done for other mods. Just use those.
Um, I'd rather write up my own.
God knows how stuffty some of the other mods might be coded.
I could stop by and dump my island skills all over your map.

Consider adding me for building.

IGN: Alkatjo.
Ill help build if you like. My IGN is Psyche and my ID is 29653.
Added to the team! I'll send you RTB Friend Request invitations.