Author Topic: blocklandsaves.com  (Read 21215 times)

ugh i typed in my aol address because i use it for activation stuff and it collects all that spam and junk.
either your activation email system isn't instantaneous or it can't send to my aol address, because i don't have the confirmation email and i can't make another account with the same name.
The domain was only registered a few hours ago. Give it some time I guess.

so the scam is to steal menial passwords, so that he could attempt to use them elsewhere in hopes its one that the user uses it on everything.

sigh

as usual, kalph needs his big mouth'ed fingers involved in every loving fansite or peripheral-tool website related to blockland.

why dont you go finish cloud or something. let the community grow for christ's sake.
what? kalphiter isn't the OP?

so the scam is to steal menial passwords, so that he could attempt to use them elsewhere in hopes its one that the user uses it on everything.

sigh

as usual, kalph needs his big mouth'ed fingers involved in every loving fansite or peripheral-tool website related to blockland.

why dont you go finish cloud or something. let the community grow for christ's sake.
According to Ephialtes the reason of removal was 'because it stores passwords'.
This stuff has happened before and will happen again.

The drama board is the place for drama.

im shocked you arent more supportive of this kalph.

your complaint on this is nothing more then fuel on ephi-hate based on his previous decisions, and you can jerk off more when he can do it again.

and this is also the only existing alternative to that RTB-buffet stuff. and anything not rtb you usually get hard for.

what are the accounts for? wouldn't it be easier to just log everything based on IP if you need to track it, and then just let people upload without an account?
doesn't seem like accounts add any benefits but just cause a hassle to do anything on it

suppose the uploader accessed the site from multiple (or at least a different) ip

kinda need accounts if you want a rating system. otherwise there would be spam, fake ratings.
and if you have a rating system, you kinda NEED to link accounts from the site to proven-legitimate blockland ID's

but the only way to do that is to use a bl key? XD

kinda circular problem there.

kinda need accounts if you want a rating system. otherwise there would be spam, fake ratings.
and if you have a rating system, you kinda NEED to link accounts from the site to proven-legitimate blockland ID's

but the only way to do that is to use a bl key? XD

kinda circular problem there.
Maybe enter your BLID, but then you have the issue of people stealing others' BLIDs. :/

yeah. theres no real purpose of ratings if anyone can upload anything or claim to be anyone.

ratings are about prestige when accompanied by an account needed to upload.

if its just about quality rating for general purpose of letting users know, then you shouldnt need an account to rate. but then ratings would be pointless as people can spam up the stars of anything they want without limit.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 03:11:28 AM by Bisjac »

Allow guest uploads, but disallow guests from rating.

Anyone can sign up for uploading but to rate you need to "verified" aka 2 or more verified people or a moderator have marked you as verified.

Registered and never got confirmation mail. Lol.

Make it necessary to enter your Blockland name and have Blockland open at the same time.
Query the auth server to verify it (and get their BLID, as well).

what are the accounts for? wouldn't it be easier to just log everything based on IP if you need to track it, and then just let people upload without an account?
doesn't seem like accounts add any benefits but just cause a hassle to do anything on it
Also, to add to what everybody else is saying, I plan on using this to access it from other computers. Sort of like a cloud.

Maybe enter your BLID, but then you have the issue of people stealing others' BLIDs. :/

Nah, just get them to register ID + name on signup, then auth it against the master server.