Author Topic: blocklandsaves.com  (Read 21058 times)

save files ~500KB in size can be compressed ~88% down to ~60KB
are you doing this? you should be compressing them for more space

14 save files should not fill up the entirety of 8 MB? that's 585.1 KB per save on average. either his saves are astronomically huge and you are compressing them, or they're the size of the default mansion.bls and you aren't.....

what are you doing?

It's probably because half of his saves have preview images the size of the sun.

Even then, an uncompressed BLS file using as many bricks as possible can take up 11MB.

Anyways, disk space isn't an issue here. I increased the maximum space per user to 150 MB.

If all 22 members right now filled up all their space, it would only be about 3GB on the disk. That's not a lot at all.

Seattle: 12 mb
Utopia 10 mb
lol

It's probably because half of his saves have preview images the size of the sun.

Even then, an uncompressed BLS file using as many bricks as possible can take up 11MB.

Anyways, disk space isn't an issue here. I increased the maximum space per user to 150 MB.

If all 22 members right now filled up all their space, it would only be about 3GB on the disk. That's not a lot at all.
I guess I could change the preview pics if the system would allow me to do that...
Though most of the pics are the actual preview pics from the game. I only changed the preview pic to a screenshot for like 4 of them.

Compress the thumbnails, jesus. There is no reason the save browsing page should take so long just to load unnecessarily large preview images.

you should add a "browse saves" page instead of browsing by user

What the hell? Anytime I upload a save the information goes blank and I have to re-type and redo everything everytime I try it, thus I can't upload anything.
I have to rate this site 2/10. That's only because I'm being generous.
It's confusing, and you have to browse by user.
Uploading is broken.
It's all white, there's like no art.
It's glitchy.
Navigation menu should be somewhere near the top of the page.
It's just... I wont use it anymore if these aren't fixed, honestly.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:53:12 PM by xSetrox »

What the hell? Anytime I upload a save the information goes blank and I have to re-type and redo everything everytime I try it, thus I can't upload anything.
Post a screenshot of your upload page before submitting. I need to recreate it to be able to do anything about it.

you should add a "browse saves" page instead of browsing by user
This is in the works.

Post a screenshot of your upload page before submitting. I need to recreate it to be able to do anything about it.
Why? I can just re-type it, it's okay.

Why? I can just re-type it, it's okay.
This doesn't happen to anyone else I know.

Is there any information you can give me? Right now your attitude is basically "it's broken, not saying why. sux."

I've redesigned the member browse page. It will now list the members as tiles on desktop devices to save space.

The save browsing page will be executed similarly.

Browsing Saves
The viewing pages now list contents in tiles to save space.

More importantly, an option to browse saves instead of members has also been added to the header menu.

This has been requested for a while now.

Browsing Saves
The viewing pages now list contents in tiles to save space.

More importantly, an option to browse saves instead of members has also been added to the header menu.

This has been requested for a while now.

Every time I go to blockland saves(the link in the first post), it says Google Chrome can't find the website.

Every time I go to blockland saves(the link in the first post), it says Google Chrome can't find the website.
Try again. It works fine for me.

can we have some more options for editing saves? like changing photos descriptions and credits?