Author Topic: blocklandsaves.com  (Read 21217 times)

well, if you're going to go ahead with accounts
why not make them linked to the BL forums account? that's linked to the BLID already, so you can just pull data from there + send a pm to people registering and have them respond

Nah, just get them to register ID + name on signup, then auth it against the master server.
I can register with Fluff-is-back and enter your ID.
well, if you're going to go ahead with accounts
why not make them linked to the BL forums account? that's linked to the BLID already, so you can just pull data from there + send a pm to people registering and have them respond
This is actually ingenious. You enter your name and BLID and it sends a forum message to that BLID for confirmation. The issue is how to send that PM :p

I can register with Fluff-is-back and enter your ID.

Do you know how the auth server works? No.

It only successfully authenticates if you register from the IP you play blockland on.
it would work like this
1 Player registers on service
2 Service sends IP and Name to auth.blockland.us
3 auth server responds either success with the player's ID or not.

Looks nice! too bad they didn't do RTB Buffet

However it needs a rating and comment system, like RTB. And we should be able to add custom screenshots so that people can look at the build before downloading.

I can see this being a VERY useful website! Good work!

wtf i thought this was blocklandslaves.com

The issue is how to send that PM :p
an account logs on and sends it, either subpixels or another forum account?
i'm pretty sure people can send pms to eachother, unless that was disabled for everybody recently

an account logs on and sends it, either subpixels or another forum account?
i'm pretty sure people can send pms to eachother, unless that was disabled for everybody recently
Yes, people can.
But how would you automate a website to do that?

They're stored in the database as a hash
You are already doing this wrong.

Yes, people can.
But how would you automate a website to do that?
...have a bot logging into here and posting stuff?

They're stored in the database as a hash I can't decode. If you don't trust me, just don't use a personal password.
Hash it on the client.

why haven't i received the activation email?

Then what?

I assumed the proper procedure was to salt the password with data from both the client and server and then hash the password using something like scrypt with the data appended to it
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 04:34:28 PM by DYLANzzz »