Author Topic: blocklandsaves.com  (Read 21098 times)

A perfectly good topic and service ruined by Kalphiter's misguided cynicism. If I was the OP I'd be seriously pissed at Kalphiter.

kalphiter pointed out a security flaw that could allow the host of the service to compromise passwords

yeah i guess that counts as cynicism.

The cynicism is that he assumes the host has poor intentions. Sure, the OP could store the passwords in hope that some people may be stupid enough to use the same username and password on their BLF account and on their blocklandsaves account, but I'm almost 100% positive that the OP had no such intention and just failed to hash the data before sending it.

Regardless of opinion on OP's intentions, I definitely think Kalphiter went about confronting the OP the wrong way. A PM explaining what the OP should do would have sufficed. If the OP ignored the message or failed to fix it, then Kalphiter could go about instilling doubt and fear into potential users of the service. There's no reason to assume the OP did this intentionally.

There's no reason to assume the OP did this intentionally.
Someone said that OP was behaving maliciously? The guy who said that must full of cynicism.

the actual pruchase of the domain is probably worth more

i can see this going for a week at the most before no one uses it again

I can see a site like this becoming popular for hot linking build files to share over the forum with.

not everyone wants to use the billion file hosting sites out there.
then to be the down loader. typing in captchas and waiting 60 seconds and being limited to 1 an hour and searching for the actual download link in small print.
you know

I can see a site like this becoming popular for hot linking build files to share over the forum with.

not everyone wants to use the billion file hosting sites out there.
then to be the down loader. typing in captchas and waiting 60 seconds and being limited to 1 an hour and searching for the actual download link in small print.
you know
http://mega.co.nz

Some guy under ultijah@gmail.com registered "Badspot". I removed the account, anyone know who this is?

Some guy under ultijah@gmail.com registered "Badspot". I removed the account, anyone know who this is?
YOU IDIOT THAT WAS CLEARLY BADSPOT!

:cookieMonster:

http://mega.co.nz

it took about 20 times as long as visiting a normal site takes. i already hate it.
what the forget is it loading...

it took about 20 times as long as visiting a normal site takes. i already hate it.
cryptography

cryptography
there goes lugnut, always bringing up tombs whenever he can...

there goes lugnut, always bringing up tombs whenever he can...
what

it's actually loading cryptography code so you can encrypt your files and stuff

It isn't loading much, they don't have enough servers to hold the massive traffic. If I remember right, the hour they opened to the public everything crashed.

Here's what you do:

Tell people that to register they need to have blockland open.
They need to put in their bl_id and their current name on blockland.
Your server POSTs this to auth.blockland.us/quthQuery.php: NAME=blah&IP=bleh
You get a result "YES bl_idhere"
Registration is complete.
Or if you get a result "NO"
Registration failed.