Author Topic: Endless Mining 2 (r1321) - omfg stop whining about dying  (Read 5851 times)

r1060 r1061 is now out.
This also has a highly recommended GUI update if you use it.
https://bitbucket.org/TheBlackParrot/blockland-endless-mining/get/39a7530bccad.zip

• Math updated to allow for decimals, will come into play at a later date. (Thanks again Ipquarx)
  • Commas now separate numbers as expected.
  • HUD API on the gamemode was simplified.
  • Donating dirt was added to the /donate command.
  • The server's and client's GUI API version is now mentioned, so you can now see who in particular is outdated.
  • Explosion delays were increased some (level 20 dynamite for example went from 200ms to 500ms).
  • Building area detection was dramatically improved. You can no longer place 1 marker down for a 64x baseplate, for example.
  • Shop's custom ore icon was fixed.
  • You can now toggle whether you want your pick level automatically upgraded, at no extra cost.
  • Certain on-fail shop messages were reworded to be more descriptive.
  • Fixed healing giving the wrong message in the shop.

EDIT: Emergency fix for the build area placer, my bad.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 11:15:57 PM by TheBlackParrot »

I'm tempted just to start banning for a day for anyone who insists that it is.

I'm tempted just to start banning for a day for anyone who insists that it is.
Just make the welcome message have a link to this thread and say it is NOT Red_Guy's, then you have an actual reason to ban.

r1105 is now out

https://bitbucket.org/TheBlackParrot/blockland-endless-mining/get/705befa71ddf.zip

• Lava's health revised to 5 so you all stop immediately going for the big red shiny things.
  • Spawn area's radius is now randomized slightly
  • Score on the GUI now has initial text
  • If your max health was over 4 digits, it's no longer red.
  • Critical health levels now depend on your maximum health in the GUI
  • New checkpoint system - you can now have multiple checkpoints, all persistent after resets and after you leave.
  • Added a command to manually save.
  • Highscore system added
  • Age now displays when mining blocks; that will be a factor in ore value at a later date.
  • The cost to go to a checkpoint or teleport to a player is now dynamic depending on the distance from your current location to the other location.
  • Zombies will drop some stuff now.
  • Dynamite explosion radii's base was increased by 5. Dormant bombs remain at their current radius.

Hotfix for r1105 involving the reset system
r1112: https://bitbucket.org/TheBlackParrot/blockland-endless-mining/get/ed04fdbabad9.zip

Won't be needed right now unless you're hosting a server. Servers should be fine to use r1105 until the next update.

I discovered the decimal system is currently broke, so anything I'm wanting to add that needs it is currently on hold. (value dependency on age, individual building bricks costing something based on their volume, selling single pieces of dirt, etc...)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 10:34:07 PM by TheBlackParrot »

parrot could you please make folders for your script files so they aren't all in the root folder

it's so cluttered :(

parrot could you please make folders for your script files so they aren't all in the root folder

it's so cluttered :(
:v
maybe. At least I gave them descriptive enough names :p

I can't believe my script had a bug in it, I thought I tested it so thoroughly D:
I'll fix it ASAP!

A big issue I have with this is that the cash randomly flips to negative numbers, and will subtract it even if you don't have enough for something in the shop.

A big issue I have with this is that the cash randomly flips to negative numbers
If you mine lava and have a low amount of money, you'll be in the negatives intentionally. I've never gotten any reports about it "randomly becoming negative numbers", though.

and will subtract it even if you don't have enough for something in the shop.
Pretty sure this doesn't happen either. Each of the /buy, /upgrade, etc. commands all check to make sure you have enough.

Is there any grant money commands for admins?

Is there any grant money commands for admins?
findClientByName("player").cash += [amount]; in your console. I'm not adding commands like that.

r1212 is out and it's bigger than usual

https://bitbucket.org/TheBlackParrot/blockland-endless-mining/get/b1d5b7c12cae.zip

• Explosion radius on the ultimate pick was decreased back to its normal level.
  • Radsuits are now required in the core layers.
  • Highscores are no longer reset when the server resets
  • Hotfix from r1112 - all bricks are now cleared on a server reset
  • Build area marker is now part of /buildingtools
  • Commas now show for health in the HUD
  • The HUD is no longer showing your current health for both health values.
  • Your health is now remembered if you respawn without dying.
  • Adding a checkpoint no longer mentions that you need 125 dirt, as it now varies, and the list will tell you anyway.
  • Checkpoint lists are no longer duplicated after rejoining a server
  • GUI HUD commands are now sent when killing zombies, my bad.
  • Decimals are now working 100% (thanks Ipquarx, again lol)
  • You have to pay the brick's volume divided by 10 to plant bricks when building.
  • Ores' values will now depend on how long it has been there. Radiated ores will have their price fall over time, and regular ones will have theirs increase over time (max of 12 hours)
  • Age is no longer shown on bricks without a value.
  • The transition from light to dark and vice versa for Sunlight blocks has been smoothed out.
  • The HUD now updates when using /upgrademaxhealth

r1248 is out, huuuge GUI update

https://bitbucket.org/TheBlackParrot/blockland-endless-mining/get/f64dc1a7577d.zip

• Fixed trust issues that occur after a client leaves involving builds.
  • HUD has been remodeled, see OP for the new screenshot.
  • GUI version 3.1.6 and under are no longer supported. You will have issues if you do not upgrade to version 4 as of now.

what happens to the hud when you reach pick level 10000?