Author Topic: Trains - Pack 2 Out  (Read 49506 times)

[im g]http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m87flrIe6q1rxdjzoo1_500.gif[/img]
yay dead crappy jokes!

Just a system where if the front's speed updates, the others do too (boosters, brakes, etc)
i'll have a go with this but can't garentee it working.

Also, I've uploaded everything to RTB. I couldn't upload any screenshots because my computer's resolution is "wrong", so if anyone can provide some that do work, please do.

EDIT: Added credits to the OP.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 06:09:02 AM by chrisbot6 »

It's completely possible as long as they don't go too fast. Vehicles link together all the time.
Go look at the Skycrane.
What's the skycrane? :o

What's the skycrane? :o
was this really old helicopter thing that could pick up and drop vehicles
you positioned the back end over the vehicle and pressed spacebar, and it picked it up.

was this really old helicopter thing that could pick up and drop vehicles
you positioned the back end over the vehicle and pressed spacebar, and it picked it up.
What he's talking about that
The hell does that have to do with trains

What he's talking about that
The hell does that have to do with trains
he's quoting how the mod could chain the velocity of the skycrane with the vehicle it picked up

although iirc there was a lag between skycrane velocity and picked-up vehicle velocity updating.

he's quoting how the mod could chain the velocity of the skycrane with the vehicle it picked up

although iirc there was a lag between skycrane velocity and picked-up vehicle velocity updating.
Well a jeep being pushed below a helicopter has nothing to do with trains supposed to stay on a track

Could you make a deeper tutorial or make some diagrams about how to lay out things like turns and slopes?  I'm a little bit lost..

hi, i love this addon but i've been wondering how to get the rails to look so flawless. i mean seriously. everything i've tried so far ends up in failure.

if someone could give me some tips or just point me in the right direction of how to do it i would really appreciate it :3

hi, i love this addon but i've been wondering how to get the rails to look so flawless. i mean seriously. everything i've tried so far ends up in failure.

if someone could give me some tips or just point me in the right direction of how to do it i would really appreciate it :3
step 1: no ugly unrealistic stuffty instant 90/45 degree teleportation turns

example of how NOT to do corners:

step 2: instead, build wide curves and use the wide turn guides

there's got to be an example image somewhere but I can't find it

step 3: for hills, you should really get the small ramps pack on rtb
step 4: give the rails depth
step 5: ease in hills and stuff, never do instant bumps in the track

example:

step 6: build modular tracks. it's extremely easy to assemble a track if you first build modules of the same size. for example, every module is 8x8 bricks large and the curves 16x16. that way you can just put them next to each other without much work. for example, the sort of hilly metal track you see in the background of the first picture uses only 6 different modules.

step 7: get creative. or use a reference picture when building track modules or assembling tracks.

step 1: no ugly unrealistic stuffty instant 90/45 degree teleportation turns

example of how NOT to do corners:

step 2: instead, build wide curves and use the wide turn guides

there's got to be an example image somewhere but I can't find it

step 3: for hills, you should really get the small ramps pack on rtb
step 4: give the rails depth
step 5: ease in hills and stuff, never do instant bumps in the track

example:

step 6: build modular tracks. it's extremely easy to assemble a track if you first build modules of the same size. for example, every module is 8x8 bricks large and the curves 16x16. that way you can just put them next to each other without much work. for example, the sort of hilly metal track you see in the background of the first picture uses only 6 different modules.

step 7: get creative. or use a reference picture when building track modules or assembling tracks.

thanks for the advice. just one more little question. you see i'm not good with making addons and have no knowledge of how. so i was just wondering. how do i make a module?

thanks for the advice. just one more little question. you see i'm not good with making addons and have no knowledge of how. so i was just wondering. how do i make a module?
Lol I mean a small section of the track. Like a ramp that goes up. Or a slope to ease in a ramp. Or a straight piece. Or a corner. Or a tunnel entry. Or whatever. Then when you have a set of modules you duplicate them together to get a track quickly.

Lol I mean a small section of the track. Like a ramp that goes up. Or a slope to ease in a ramp. Or a straight piece. Or a corner. Or a tunnel entry. Or whatever. Then when you have a set of modules you duplicate them together to get a track quickly.

oh ok, thanks :3