Trains - Pack 2 Out

Author Topic: Trains - Pack 2 Out  (Read 49517 times)

Lol I mean a small section of the track. Like a ramp that goes up. Or a slope to ease in a ramp. Or a straight piece. Or a corner. Or a tunnel entry. Or whatever. Then when you have a set of modules you duplicate them together to get a track quickly.

ok i'm sorry to keep bothering you. but can you give me an example picture of a correctly built turn?

i'm the kind of person who is a visual learner and learns from example. so if you could help me out i would greatly appreciate it

ok i'm sorry to keep bothering you. but can you give me an example picture of a correctly built turn?

i'm the kind of person who is a visual learner and learns from example. so if you could help me out i would greatly appreciate it
i'll try to get one at some point

Is there a way to hook multiple carts together? Or is there no need for that? Or or do you already have a way to do that?

step 1: no ugly unrealistic stuffty instant 90/45 degree teleportation turns

example of how NOT to do corners:
[img width=1000 height=562]http://i.imgur.com/suYh3gx.jpg[/img

step 2: instead, build wide curves and use the wide turn guides

there's got to be an example image somewhere but I can't find it

step 3: for hills, you should really get the small ramps pack on rtb
step 4: give the rails depth
step 5: ease in hills and stuff, never do instant bumps in the track

example:
[img width=1000 height=562]http://i.imgur.com/hgeIwjc.png[/img

step 6: build modular tracks. it's extremely easy to assemble a track if you first build modules of the same size. for example, every module is 8x8 bricks large and the curves 16x16. that way you can just put them next to each other without much work. for example, the sort of hilly metal track you see in the background of the first picture uses only 6 different modules.

step 7: get creative. or use a reference picture when building track modules or assembling tracks.
What does a wide turn look like though?  I can't seem to create the right configuration that allows the cart to actually ride the track...  45 and 90 are the only ones I can build, is there a picture of what a wide turn looks like?

What does a wide turn look like though?  I can't seem to create the right configuration that allows the cart to actually ride the track...  45 and 90 are the only ones I can build, is there a picture of what a wide turn looks like?
i've been looking for one. it is possible.

i think zapk's video has wide turns in it.

advice: try not to just have a line of verywide turn bricks. some need spaces between them with fillers.

I might put this in the trailer if it didn't mean quadrupling the "minecraft with legos?" comments

I might put this in the trailer if it didn't mean quadrupling the "minecraft with legos?" comments
I hate those people ):

Do what you think is best. I don't mind.

It's a steam store trailer though. No comments.

did you remove that annoying
THIS SERVER IS RUNNING CHRISBOT6'S TRAINS MOD
did you remove that annoying
THIS SERVER IS RUNNING CHRISBOT6'S TRAINS MOD

i've been looking for one. it is possible.

i think zapk's video has wide turns in it.

advice: try not to just have a line of verywide turn bricks. some need spaces between them with fillers.
Whaaat, weren't you one of the people who made the mod? :P

I don't wanna guess and check lol I just wanna know how to do it.  This is a very neat mod but I have to be honest, it isn't the easiest thing to set up.  A tutorial for how to make every turn / slope / intersection that the mod supports would be really helpful.