Author Topic: Trains - Pack 2 Out  (Read 49495 times)

A tutorial for how to make every turn / slope / intersection that the mod supports would be really helpful.  
You can do almost anything as long as you can build the track, except super complicated things like loops, sloped curves or twists

So a tutorial that covers everything is impossible
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 08:04:44 AM by Zeblote »

You can do almost anything as long as you can build the track, except super complicated things like loops, sloped curves or twists

So a tutorial that covers everything is impossible
This. The mod's incredibly flexible.

What?  All I want are tutorials on how to make the different curves that it comes with...  22.5 and 11.25 degree turns.  It only comes with 4 turns why would it be hard to make a tutorial? ;_;

You've obviously gotten it to work, just take a picture of what your track looks like and where you placed the guide bricks.. 

Please add hill boosters.

Me and JakeBlade are working on a second pack of trains. Also, I'll try to put up some kind of comprehensive tutorial as soon as I get time.

These are way to fun to mess around with.

Sorry for the bump but could someone give me a design for a steep uphill slope? (Can include small ramp bricks.)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 03:54:19 PM by GrenadeBoy »

What?  All I want are tutorials on how to make the different curves that it comes with...  22.5 and 11.25 degree turns.  It only comes with 4 turns why would it be hard to make a tutorial? ;_;

You've obviously gotten it to work, just take a picture of what your track looks like and where you placed the guide bricks..  

This. It took me forever to figure out exactly what the guide pieces do, and I still can't get a turn working correctly. The guide bricks' shapes make no sense, and the very wide turn piece just makes the car stop. I look forward to your tutorial.

Also, your link to Zeblote's roller coaster parts links to "https://www.mediafire.com/?undefined", I think you can see why that's not much help.

Edit: I forgot to mention, what's wrong with using the default forwards, backwards, and brake keys? I'm already low on directional keys that make sense.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:37:39 PM by Zoshi »

Hey Chris, could you contact me over Steam? We've been working on rebooting Halloweenfest for 2014, and I updated the Trains mod. Now whenever I load up the map a very large portion of the train bricks are missing. We can't rebuild the rollercoasters.

Also, your link to Zeblote's roller coaster parts links to "https://www.mediafire.com/?undefined", I think you can see why that's not much help.

Edit: I forgot to mention, what's wrong with using the default forwards, backwards, and brake keys? I'm already low on directional keys that make sense.
The link should be fixed now.

As for the second thing, I think it's better to give people the functionality they are most likely to want than the functionality that is harder to code and may cause some people to complain.

This. It took me forever to figure out exactly what the guide pieces do, and I still can't get a turn working correctly. The guide bricks' shapes make no sense.
The Guide Bricks for corners are the shape that is easiest to work with. Since it is impossible to have any kind of "cornery" brick without getting some kind of BLB professional involved, this is the next best thing.

I look forward to your tutorial.
Yes, I'll just add it to my incredibly long list of things I need to do...

Hey Chris, could you contact me over Steam? We've been working on rebooting Halloweenfest for 2014, and I updated the Trains mod. Now whenever I load up the map a very large portion of the train bricks are missing. We can't rebuild the rollercoasters.
This is probably because the previous version of Halloweenfest used the ALPHA version of the mod. Since then, track peices have been moved, renamed, added, removed and all manner of other things. You're probably going to have to do some rebuilding work, so I'm sorry. I can offer help if you need me to.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:02:35 AM by chrisbot6 »

The Guide Bricks for corners are the shape that is easiest to work with.

Of course, they are only easy to work with if you know how to work with them in the first place. :P

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:32:02 AM by No, I am not Lord Tony! »

The hazard train dies when it touches a player. That's the opposite of what I wanted. The original hazard train at least killed the player.

I'm trying to have a functioning train that goes around my island and that can kill anyone who collides with it when the train is in motion and nothing is available for me.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:31:34 AM by No, I am not Lord Tony! »

Could anyone port this train over?

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=192313.0
For an official port I'd need:
1) Uxie's consent
2) An edited version of the model that tilts

The hazard train dies when it touches a player. That's the opposite of what I wanted. The original hazard train at least killed the player.

I'm trying to have a functioning train that goes around my island and that can kill anyone who collides with it when the train is in motion and nothing is available for me.
Trains are bots. Try using onBotTouched. If that doesn't work I'm not sure what might.

The Hazard Train in the Old Trains pack was really just for proof of concept and wasn't a serious port, as evidenced by the fact that it doesn't have any sensible player mount points.