The Hunger Games - oh dearrrrrrrrr.

Author Topic: The Hunger Games - oh dearrrrrrrrr.  (Read 6813 times)

People would make the games miserable. We could either make the gamemakers have very little control (which is boring) or we could give them a lot of control (which can be very interesting and replayable but can be abused).

It would have to be trusted people and/or admins.

~~~
Help us event some of the Gamemaker controls and get access to the alpha!

We need someone (or multiple people) who can do advanced eventing on gamemaker controls, since none of us are talented enough to get them right. We have a few basic systems in place but some of the more advanced things we can't do alone.

Just post saying your good with events/VCE and I might let you in.

the games are supposed to be miserable..., haven't you read the books or at least the movie?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:03:43 PM by chubaka452 »

the games are supposed to be miserable..., haven't you read the books or at least the move?
lol

I could help with events.  I know that stuff.
I've sent you a PM. Come on.

~~
WE WILL BE PUBLICLY HOSTING IN 15 MINUTES!
I need to test the gamemode with real people, so I'll be hosting a short round or two just to make sure everything works. Keep in mind THE ARENA IS UNFINISHED. Anything too far from the Cornucopia won't have any items or structures in it. It is just a test.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:26:37 PM by Zealott »

I am an amazing eventer with VCE and have created 100+ event contraptions using advanced vce and have extensive knowledge of all of the events in Blockland.

I can also build well

Would you be interested?

IGN: Carbon Zypher

BL_ID: 2213

I am an amazing eventer with VCE and have created 100+ event contraptions using advanced vce and have extensive knowledge of all of the events in Blockland.

I can also build well

Would you be interested?

IGN: Carbon Zypher

BL_ID: 2213
Why don't you jump on the server in 10 minutes or so once we go public, then we can talk more.

i suggest you make so
when you die
you can do challenges or something to get money
and you can buy gifts for a tribute you want to win

We all ran to the cornucopia to get items and a lot of us died of velocity damage (somehow).

We all ran to the cornucopia to get items and a lot of us died of velocity damage (somehow).
You can push players by clicking them. This makes it so you can push them into the lava.

It might be set a little too high. I'll lower it.

It might be set a little too high.
Yeah, it wasn't the lava that killed us...

You could've just said so. I had no idea that the pushing was killing us.

Yeah, it wasn't the lava that killed us...

You could've just said so. I had no idea that the pushing was killing us.
I did just say so.

This is a really cool idea

You should rig like every part of the map to do something

For example, a click of a button and a mountain changes form, or a river gets drained

Here are some suggestions to improve the server based off my experience tonight:

-Make weapons spawn and have more crates spawn a little more frequently. I spent 15 minutes looking for a weapon one round with no prevail. I was one of only 2 left and ended up getting shot down by a guy with a gun. I had no weapon.

-Add more weapons with projectiles, such as a spear, slingshot, weak guns.

-Remove the default gun.

-Add more food spawn locations and other various ways to obtain food, such as fishing, hunting, crates, farms, etc.

-Make thirst a factor.

-Make warmth a factor depending on the weather.

-Make it so you can craft weapons with obtained materials

Overall it was pretty fun though.

-Make weapons spawn and have more crates spawn a little more frequently. I spent 15 minutes looking for a weapon one round with no prevail. I was one of only 2 left and ended up getting shot down by a guy with a gun. I had no weapon.
The map obviously isn't finished and there aren't many spawns. Crates are spawned by a gamemaker, not randomly.
-Add more weapons with projectiles, such as a spear, slingshot, weak guns.
There will be more once we get more weapon spawns.
-Make thirst a factor.
No. It used to be included, and it was just annoying. It's not fun to play with, it's just one more factor to bother you. We removed it because it wasn't fun to play with. Hunger is enough.
-Make warmth a factor depending on the weather.
This is not included for the same reason thirst isn't. Besides, it's a small island. You could just hike over to the desert part if you were cold.
-Make it so you can craft weapons with obtained materials
We've actually been working on this. Not sure if it will be added or not.

Thanks for the suggestions!

hi can i betatest i betatested last time k thx

just dont host at 3 am