Author Topic: Builds collapse with no supports  (Read 1699 times)

It would be nice if when all the supports of a build are blown up (by a rocket launcher or other weapon) then the whole thing collapses instead of it just hanging in the air.

I think we all want that but i'm not sure how hard it'd be to add in

I think we all want that but i'm not sure how hard it'd be to add in

When you wand all the supports on a building it collapses and all the bricks fall and disappear. I think that when you destroy all the supports of a brick with a rocket launcher or another weapon that it should fakekill the buildings bricks instead. It doesn't sound that hard but then again I know nothing about making video games.

I plan to do this with a minigame of mine. VCE checks for what supports are up and such.

VCE checks for what supports are up and such.

Learn VCE and do it with VCE, Support checks implemented into the engine would break zonebricks.

You could write a script that does this.

I can't download VCE. RTB says its private.

VCE is useless for this. You won't be doing anything like this with VCE. You should probably ask marble man, since he appearantly has nothing better to do than write code for this game 24/7...

VCE is useless for this. You won't be doing anything like this with VCE. You should probably ask marble man, since he appearantly has nothing better to do than write code for this game 24/7...

I think "useless" is a pretty strong word in this case.

For every support, do this (I forget the actual name of the VCE events)
{
   onProjectileHit > MiniGame > VCE_editVariable > ["supportstuff"] + 1
   onProjectileHit > MiniGame > VCE_ifVariable > ["supportstuff"] == (number of supports)
   onVariableTrue > Building > fakeKillBrick
}

no?

For every support, do this (I forget the actual name of the VCE events)
{
   onProjectileHit > MiniGame > VCE_editVariable > ["supportstuff"] + 1
   onProjectileHit > MiniGame > VCE_ifVariable > ["supportstuff"] == (number of supports)
   onVariableTrue > Building > fakeKillBrick
}

no?

VCE is private now so I can't download it. Also that seems like way more work then what its worth.

how do you do those in events
I was literally just doing stuff with Php. Gimme a break.

if physics actually behaved realistically, i would love this game so much more

if physics actually behaved realistically, i would love this game so much more
they need to be server-sided too so they can have collision