Author Topic: Authentification error shuts down server  (Read 305 times)

Hey, so I was hosting a server on my computer, just a regular ingame server, not a dedi or anything like that.  And I got an authentication error.  Normally this would not be a problem as, normally, I host a dedicated server.  Authentication fails, I get kicked out, rejoin, no big deal.  However since this was a regular ingame server, as it kicked me out, it also shut down the server.  I only lost a few minutes of progress but I can imagine this being a huge problem for someone with a large amount of work put into the game.

Naturally the easy solutions are to just host a dedicated server, save often, get a better internet connection etc.  But, Ahem, I'd like to host a regular server without issues like this.

I'll post the console log.  I have a TON of add-ons enabled(many old and sketchy) but none of them have anything to do with server authentication.

So Badspot, please check this out and see if, indeed, an authentication error for the host will shut down a normally hosted internet server.

The error occurs on line 5840.