Blockland sounds disproportionately louder than others

Author Topic: Blockland sounds disproportionately louder than others  (Read 1649 times)

Lately sounds like gunshots hitting bricks close-up have been extremely loud.  Turn the volume down and you won't get deafened by sudden close up shots, but you can't hear anything else.  I got new speakers that use 10 watts each and a subwoofer that uses 26.  Sure that would make all sounds louder, but I can't find anything to explain the now disproportional sound levels across sounds.  It wasn't like this before.  Ideas?

Yes. If you're crouching, gunshots become louder because you are closer to the weapon. I do not know if there is a way to fix it but it happens to a lot of people.

First person alarm is the worst.

I once jumped out of my seat and tossed my headsets across the room cause of this.

change blockland's volume down or open up the mixer panel and lower blockland's audio

change blockland's volume down or open up the mixer panel and lower blockland's audio

did you even read?

did you even read?
oh i thought he meant he couldn't hear other things i didn't know he meant in game

i'm pretty sure this is because the sound engine is amazing, it's a wonderful feature

haha
i noticed this too
it's like an earrape

Only solution I can imagine is loading the sounds in Audacity and lowering the volume and then saving. Or reduce bass, etc.

I was on a server today and accidentally bumped my alarm button.  I wasn't expecting it and jumped, knocking my mouse on the floor.

Only solution I can imagine is loading the sounds in Audacity and lowering the volume and then saving. Or reduce bass, etc.

Neither of these will actually fix the issue. If you lower it to the point where it doesn't kill your eardrums, then you wont be able to hear it unless you're really close.

This issue never seemed to happen on my Windows XP machine, or when running through Wine on Ubuntu. But happens on both Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Turning up your in-game volume sliders will cause more clipping. Lowering them increases the actual range of volume.

So, for example, if you turn your in-game volume down to 0.500 and turn up your speakers, there will be no clipping and you'll get nice clean audio, and then someone will shoot you while you're in first person and you'll lose your hearing.

Perhaps there's some sort of way to have Windows normalize audio before sending it off to your headphones? I'm not really sure how computers handle sound/what the soundcard is for