Author Topic: /follow so&so  (Read 860 times)

This is something they have in a bunch of MMO RPGs,

If you type /follow _____ then you'll start following that person until you manually move or turn or something. I'm assuming it would be pretty simple

This would be nice as events for bots, and is pretty much possible.

it would basically just be a public /spy

This would probably mean removing your player and replacing it with an AI that follows the target. The main issue here is that an AI cannot have a shapeName (so your player name would disappear). I'm fairly certain you can't just use setMoveObject on a non-AI player.

Would require a client mod, and even then it would be uh sketchy

This would probably mean removing your player and replacing it with an AI that follows the target. I'm fairly certain you can't just use setMoveObject on a non-AI player.
But that can't be right- because we have mods like the one that makes movement macros. If you can make a script that makes your player do a bunch of different movements, why can't you make one that makes your player go towards another player?

If not though, I wouldn't mind just spawning an AI momentarily. If done right that could work just as well

But that can't be right- because we have mods like the one that makes movement macros. If you can make a script that makes your player do a bunch of different movements, why can't you make one that makes your player go towards another player?
well, presumably, that just works by recording what you do, and then you know, like, just doing the same input stuff again. the only difference there is that you didn't actually press the buttons

This would be nice as events for bots, and is pretty much possible.

Already exists for bots. See here.

Isn't some AI movement handled by the AiConnection/AiClient, rather than the AiPlayer?