So I found a neat writing prompt so I wrote a little story for it

Author Topic: So I found a neat writing prompt so I wrote a little story for it  (Read 1441 times)

The writing prompt was "The protagonist gets killed off halfway through his own first person narrative, and the story goes on as if nothing had happened."

So, here goes nothing:

Eastwood Middle School, I hadn't been to this palace in ages. The walls lined with books filled with knowledge ready to be soaked up by the ones who chose to read them, and it made me jitter with excitement. I turned around and looked at my mother, she was waving as the boom of a pistol went off. I quickly turned around and the shooter had already sprinted away, even with the smoke still suspended in air. I looked around for the victim but only saw the children in the school flooding out the exit, in fear of another victim.
I began to back out of the now empty hallway as I saw the streak of blood on the wall, with no corpse. Tears flooded my vision and I ran straight home. When I got home I fell straight through the door in tears. I begged for my mother to come, pounding my fists against the carpeted floor and curled up in a ball. After a minute of sobbing and banging I finally looked up to find out my mother had been seated at the dining room at the table, completely ignoring me. I wiped the tears out of my eyes and ran to mom, and as I wrapped my arms around her everything vanished into smoke, and I fell until I hit this chair.
“So thats it?” The man seated at the podium asked. “Yessir.” I could hardly make out the words, in disbelief of how brief my death was. I looked up at the man, the simple tap of a button could send me to my eternal damnation. But I hadn't done anything wrong, had I? I had straight A's, I loved my parents and went to church every sunday. I might have sinned once or twice, though I was an honest to God Christian. I winced when his finger fell on the button, at first nothing happened. Though slowly the gates creaked open, and the man looked at me and smiled. “Welcome to Heaven.”

Tell me what you think guys.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot; but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose."

where'd you find the prompt? that's a cool one

How does this answer the prompt? Unless I'm completely misunderstanding it. I thought the prompt meant the already created story keeps on chugging along with the protagonist dead. The story ends right away and focuses on him going to heaven instead.

because god cares about school grades.

maybe that same prompt resulted in The Lovely Bones

I like it a lot. Keep going on this, please.

the story is from the mind of a middle schooler, not sure why you didn't see that coming

It's a pretty typical day. As the president of the United States of America, it's a very regular day indeed, but for everyone else at Love Field, Texas, it is special. They got to see me, John F. Kennedy, in the light! Must be very exciting for them, really, I think it must be. I woke from my thought zone and got into the presidential limousine. It's a very nice day, so I told the driver to put down the roof, and right when I said so, we began moving. Crowds of people were lining the streets all the way to the trade fair, where I'm to be speaking today.

We're almost there - not very far to go. We're passing a big park right now. It appears, however, that I have just been shot by someone.

Suddenly Theodore roosevelt descended from the heavens and said "it takes more than that to stop a bull moose" and I woke back up and became the most kickass president that the nation has ever had

where'd you find the prompt? that's a cool one
/r/writingprompts/

the story is from the mind of a middle schooler, not sure why you didn't see that coming

inb4thereisnoheaven
?

I like it a lot. Keep going on this, please.
Pretty good
thanks.