Poll

Would this be better as a gamemode or a playertype?

Gamemode
2 (66.7%)
Playertype
1 (33.3%)
Both would work
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Superhot gamemode/playertype  (Read 294 times)

I got this idea from how multiplayer of the indie game "Superhot" would work. If you don't know what Superhot is, it's essentially a first person shooter where time speeds up or slows down the more you move. Click here for the Superhot website. After coming up with how multiplayer would work, I thought "Someone could make that in Blockland." And here I am now. Here's how it would work: One person is selected as "Superhot" and is the only person who can alter time by moving. It's the goal of everyone else to kill this person. Only problem, everyone who isn't Superhot is influenced by the time effect. Basic preferences that should be added to avoid abuse and/or make the gamemode actually possible on a server side are:

• Playertype should be restricted to minigames and/or admin only
  • Moving as the player would change the timescale, already built into the game via /timescale

Anything else suggested will be added onto the list, unless I make the same mistake twice and discover that I can't modify this post. This would be really fun and interesting if someone makes it. Lemons out.

I got this idea from how multiplayer of the indie game "Superhot" would work

It sounds like a great idea, but it'd be very technical to do I'd imagine.