Edgewick Factory - Horror Map - Image Heavy

Author Topic: Edgewick Factory - Horror Map - Image Heavy  (Read 1080 times)

Welcome to..
Edgewick Factory

Story
Edgewick factory was built in the early 2000's by Sr Vincent Pratt.  Vincent had created the factory as a water purification plant.  However, no one was sure why he had created it, seeing as there was a fully functional one already..  The mystery of Edgewick continued to grow as many employees seemed to be coming home feeling "drained" and strangely depressed.  Eventually some started to disappear into the facility and never return.  Many reporters and authorities attempted to investigate the establishment but were not able to find any significant evidence of mistreatment.  When Vincent died many years later, the factory shut down.  No longer was smoke billowing out of it's stacks, nor were there any more trucks driving in and out.  However, the building still seemed "alive" in some way, and some still say that the hum of past workers could be still be heard from the outside walls.  You've decided to investigate Edgewick and uncover its underlying mysteries once and for all.

Images
(click for full)

FAQ
Q: What will I be doing?
A: Exploring the factory and attempting to uncover it's secrets

Q: Should I use shaders?
A: YES, without shaders the map is not the same.. I understand that not everyone can run them, however, if you can I highly suggest using them.

Q: Can this be multiplayer?
A: Yes, this can be both multiplayer and singleplayer

Q: Player lights?
A: Nope, I will probably implement a flashlight, but player lights are too bright and ruin the atmosphere.

Q: When will this be available?
A: When it's done

How Can I Help?
If you'd like to help, feel free to send me a PM.  Eventers, builders, and someone to share ideas with would be awesome!

Admin?
That will be discussed when this is finished

Can you uncover the mystery?

what's the point in images if you cant even see the build? Its too dark

what's the point in images if you cant even see the build? Its too dark

click for full view, higher quality, and you can see everything for sure

oh this is neat
i remember you working on this

Goddamnit. Everything seems to be shader oriented.

SPEAKING OF WHICH

is this a shader oriented map or can regular non-shader users use it

SPEAKING OF WHICH

is this a shader oriented map or can regular non-shader users use it

Well, you don't need shaders, however, it really bumps up the gameplay.  Without them it just doesn't look very good.

For example:

Shaders:

Non-Shaders:

Shaders on Minimum:

I feel better now that i know minimum works well.

The server is now up!  Come on and visit (the story works just as well with less or more people)