Author Topic: my gym teacher is an starfish  (Read 4332 times)

Unless you have some crazy gym teacher I think you might be handicapped. Gym doesn't require you to do anything but do something. You don't have to be any good at it, just not be doing anything.
I passed gym with like an A and I didn't do anything. nobody really did besides some black guys who always played basketball. so I just used the time to do homework. all I had to do to pass was change into gym shorts and do a few situps or whatever at the start of class each day

I passed gym with like an A and I didn't do anything. nobody really did besides some black guys who always played basketball. so I just used the time to do homework. all I had to do to pass was change into gym shorts and do a few situps or whatever at the start of class each day

It was pretty much the same at my school, as long as you got changed you were fine. Though you had to atleast walk around the gym or else you wouldn't get points. So But really gym wasn't hard at all, unless you have like MS or something.

Overact exhaustion in front of your teacher

maybe you're just out of shape

just a thought, you can prove me otherwise if you want

Calling bullstuff. What kind of insane school weights gym so much that your GPA would fall almost half a point? My school weights gym as .5 a credit, meaning even if you failed you could still get a 4.0 with perfect grades elsewhere because of the rounding system or if you have a bunch of Honors/AP classes (which are 1.2 and 1.4 credits each). Which is why I dropped gym.

Unless you have some crazy gym teacher I think you might be handicapped. Gym doesn't require you to do anything but do something. You don't have to be any good at it, just not be doing anything.

The gym teacher is not nice, and when I tell him that I don't feel well or feel like I'm sick he doesn't let me sit out which isn't right.

Is this really how P.E. works in America? That explains a lot of things.

Here in Norway we have organized workouts. You have to run the 3km under a certain time (idk remember exactly, but you have to run fast) to get a passing grade. You have to be reasonably good in basketball, soccer, volleyball and hockey, cause your performance in all those sports counts towards your grade. They even made us run the multi-stage fitness test (which is hell, as everyone who has tried it will confirm). To get the best grade, you have to perform better than the Royal Marines (which I did :))

Is this really how P.E. works in America? That explains a lot of things.

Here in Norway we have organized workouts. You have to run the 3km under a certain time (idk remember exactly, but you have to run fast) to get a passing grade. You have to be reasonably good in basketball, soccer, volleyball and hockey, cause your performance in all those sports counts towards your grade. They even made us run the multi-stage fitness test (which is hell, as everyone who has tried it will confirm). To get the best grade, you have to perform better than the Royal Marines (which I did :))
Ever since no child left behind didn't require PE in the early 2000s, Phys Ed in the US has been totally forgeted up. Some schools still have good programs, but some are atrocious and you just need to go the YMCA or another gym if you actually want to get exercise. Fortunately my school has a good phys ed system, but I have a Y membership so I use that instead.