I just downloaded Super Murder Mystery and I cant find the required addons

Author Topic: I just downloaded Super Murder Mystery and I cant find the required addons  (Read 7099 times)

Isn't SMM still private?
Port POSTED it WITHOUT THE ADDONS. ITs there, search for it. Port said to EDIT the files and removed the required addons, but I don't know how. I have SMM too.

Port POSTED it WITHOUT THE ADDONS. ITs there, search for it. Port said to EDIT the files and removed the required addons, but I don't know how. I have SMM too.
Github =/= forums..
The missing add-ons are bushido's anyways

Use your own weapons.

Use your own weapons.
As soon as I edit out the required addons and replace them.

Isn't SMM still private?
No, it is on GitHub. Can't find Clushido though.

...its easy. just remove two lines from the gamemode.txt from the .zip

Is that for if its open in notepad or wordpad? In Notepad its just a few lines of text that go all the way to one side, and deleting "two lines" would be a chunk of it. Which specific ones do I remove?

The last few lines are these:
$MiniGame::EnablePainting 0
$MiniGame::PlayerDataBlockName SMM Player
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 06:51:12 PM by tber123 »

Is that for if its open in notepad or wordpad? In Notepad its just a few lines of text that go all the way to one side, and deleting "two lines" would be a chunk of it. Which specific ones do I remove?

The last few lines are these:
$MiniGame::EnablePainting 0
$MiniGame::PlayerDataBlockName SMM Player
Here are some files I edited today. It adds Tier Tactical 1+2 and melee, and removes non-functional items like the stealth pistol and golden gun. I also got random guns to work, but not random melee.

Here are some files I edited today. It adds Tier Tactical 1+2 and melee, and removes non-functional items like the stealth pistol and golden gun. I also got random guns to work, but not random melee.
Thanks. Now it says Gamemode SuperMurderMystery is missing when I start a game.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:12:08 PM by tber123 »

Now it says Gamemode SuperMurderMystery is missing when I start a game.
Did you do anything else besides replace those files?

No.
Just no.
It's not as simple as you think.
If you noticed, the entire gamemode relies on both of these weapon packs. It randomly picks through them in the item spawning and player spawning codes.

How to include your own weapons in SMM:
Code: [Select]
//misc.cs, lines 136 - 140
%tools[0] = "AutomaticPistolItem RevolverItem CarbineSMGItem";
%tools_maf[0] = "StealthPistolItem";
%tools[1] = "MeleeCaneItem MeleeKnifeItem MeleeUmbrellaItem MeleeWrenchItem MeleePanItem taserItem";
%tools[2] = "CleanSprayItem GoldenGunItem PapersItem MedicineItem PaintItem SuitcaseKeyItem LighterItem bodybagItem AmmoSupplyItem RecoveryDeviceItem flashlightItem hookshotItem";
%tools_maf[2] = "DisguiseItem CloakItem falseCorpseItem timeBombItem";
These use item datablocks. So if you want players to spawn with gunItem primary, you just plop it there.
Remember to remove all the missing items, though.

for randomItemSpawn named bricks:
//SMMCore.cs, lines 159 - 161
%choices = "suitcaseKeyItem papersItem paintItem LighterItem CleanSprayItem";
%choices = %choices SPC "MeleeCaneItem MeleeKnifeItem MeleeUmbrellaItem MeleeWrenchItem MeleePanItem";
%choices = %choices SPC "bodybagItem taserItem MedicineItem AmmoSupplyItem flashlightItem";

For suitcases:
//items/suitcase.cs, lines 188 - 195
if (%isLocked) {
%choices = "assaultRifleItem doubleShotgunItem sniperRifleItem fieldRifleItem combatRifleItem stealthPistolItem goldenGunItem";
%choices = %choices TAB "disguiseItem medicineItem ammoSupplyItem recoveryDeviceItem cloakItem bodybagItem";
%choices = %choices TAB "falseCorpseItem flashlightItem hookshotItem paintItem timeBombItem";
}
else {
%choices = "carbineSMGItem gamePistolItem automaticPistolItem singleShotgunItem fieldRifleItem CleanSprayItem";
%choices = %choices TAB "suitcaseKeyItem papersItem lighterItem bodybagItem flashlightItem taserItem paintItem hookshotItem";
}
I think you can figure out what %isLocked weapon list means.

So is there a download somewhere?

No.
The gamemode folder is Named "GameMode_Super_Murder_Mystery-master"
take the master off.
So is there a download somewhere?
Look harder.

Bump, is it possible for anyone to make a proper version of it with Tier Tacticals and working melee weapons?