Author Topic: PBA - Project Blockland Archive - 20GB +  (Read 1045 times)

PBA

• This is a project I have been doing for a few hours, I am attempting to download the Blockland Forums and s ave it all to different .html documents into a massive folder.
  • I am doing this for purposes of entertainment and website archival purposes. As well as using this archive for an easy way to access the forums without internet.
  • Estimated time for completing the entire download is 45 hours so far, it is still scanning for pages though.
  • Everything on the forum will be in tact, all of the gifs/images. Nothing will be missing unless the host deleted the file. This will be over 20 gigs

So far, every single users profile is accessible and about a third of the forums are saved. Some links like simplemachines will not work because I am not downloading every mirror. In the end, this archive will be as if the forum froze at December 13, 2013, 08:35:15 PM

Progress Reports

• 13 hours in...I have mirrored 6 gigabytes of the forums. 10962/67642 links scanned. It is still counting...
    • I discover that most photoimage hosting services used on the blockland forums categorize their files in thousands of mirrors.

The application I am using is being discontinued... will restart this project later.

This should be your reaction[/list]
    « Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:44:40 PM by Matthew Padilla »

elaborate?
    Downloading all of the forums and putting it into an organized folder

[/quote

but

why

but

why

As well as using this archive for an easy way to access the forums without internet.

well, now we know who to call if the site gets shut down

sadly i guess this does not include the fail bin topics

well, now we know who to call if the site gets shut down

sadly i guess this does not include the fail bin topics
    nope can't get that part of the forum unless I have an administrator login

Make sure I'm in it and include a download link for us too.

Make sure I'm in it and include a download link for us too.
    uhhh, I dont control who is in it. And it will probably be over 10 gigs so I dont think you will want it all. There is over 4 million posts on this forum.

uhhh, I dont control who is in it. And it will probably be over 10 gigs so I dont think you will want it all. There is over 4 million posts on this forum.
    >4 000 000 posts
    <4000 active people
    <1000 regularly active people
    ;-;

I have lotsa space so I'm fine with about 10 gigabytes.

>4 000 000 posts
    <4000 active people
    <1000 regularly active people
    ;-;
    ;downloading everything on the forums including images;

How many Gigabytes(or Megabytes) for the Drama and Off-Topic section combined?

How many Gigabytes(or Megabytes) for the Drama and Off-Topic section combined?
    I have no clue, it is over half of the forums so probably like 3 gigs

At 10000 links downloaded out of 80000 scanned so far the forums are a total of 5 gigs. In the end it should be over 20 GigaBytes
    « Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:38:14 AM by Matthew Padilla »