Author Topic: Early Evo - Nation RP (here we go again)  (Read 730 times)

Early Evo - Nation RP
Inspired by Earth x.x, Nations at war, NationStates, and 10000 Island's roleplaying forum. Some parts might be directly copied and pasted. Sorry.

In an alternate reality Humans evolved much earlier when the Earth was much colder. Thus, humans have evolved to sustain colder temperatures and can absorb water from the air to hydrate themselves. They also have padded feet that basically allows them to walk on ice without sliding and/or breaking it. Even very thin ice.

I WILL NOT BE HERE TO UPDATE THE OP 24/7!!! IF YOU WANT MORE RECENT INFORMATION, SEE THE MOST RECENT POSTS!
I HAVE CHANGED THINGS HEAVILY!!! SEE THE RULES!

Year: 2003
1 day in life = 1 year in game
To check if the year is up to date, take the amount of days old this post is and add 2000 to it. The final result should be the year and if it does not match then the op has not been updated or you did the math wrong.
My time is 1 hour added to the forum time. You can find the forum time by looking in your look and layout preferences.

Click on the above image for a full sized version.

Nations:

Currently no nations exist! Read the rules on how to make one.

Tools:
Imgur
 - A helpful tool for posting images.

Paint.Net
 - A tool for image editing, much better than the crappy MS paint. Almost on par with Photoshop if you are skilled with this program.

Donjon RPG Tools
 - This has lots of uses. You can generate names, terrain, roll dice, etc.

Rules:
Obviously, the Forum rules are STILL IN EFFECT. Examples of these rules include, but are not limited to:
No posting gross stuff.
No pleas for sympathy.
No flaming.
No spam.
Think before you post.
etc.
Also, it would be cool if you did not act like a richard.

Both god-modding and auto-hitting are NOT permitted.

God-modding is defined as:
Making yourself all-powerful through any actions, series of actions, or traits that are so unrealistic it is impossible in real life.
Examples:
Ending a full-out war within the same day they started it.
Announcing an alien species' intervention.
Destroying land, including celestial bodies.
Using space-age technology, including warp systems, extensive space colonies, ray guns, etc.
Nuking an ENTIRE country even when given "permission" to do so.
Taking control of someone else's entire country instantly.
Using a weapon that vaporizes an entire country.
Using a single soldier to wipe out an entire battalion of troops and the soldier doesn't get hit. (realistically speaking, the soldier would be dead after the first 10 or so shots.)
Creating an invincible unit, be it a soldier or otherwise
Sending an EXCESSIVE amount of troops quickly.
Mind Control and Telepathy.
Self Delete nuking
Metagaming (Billy tells Sam about something Chris told to Billy about Jim, and then Sam uses that info against Jim.)

Auto-hitting is defined as:
An action in which a player, while in battle, attacks an opponent and forces the player to take the hit by describing it in their posts. Example:
"My country readies their missiles and fires towards you. The missile hits, destroying your capital. Your citizens run around screa..."
Don't do the above. Instead, leave the attack “open”:
"My country readies their missiles and fires towards you."
Note how the result is NOT given. Also, if you were the receiver of those missiles, be REALISTIC!!! If the odds are you are going to get hit, YOU ARE GOING TO GET HIT. If people continue to argue I will have no choice but to do a dice roll.

Military - Peace time:
Population is relative to the amount of troops active during peace time. For example if you had 100 million (100,000,000) people in your country, you would have 1 million (1,000,000) troops active during peace time. Basically 1% of your population would be active troops during peace time.

Military - War time:
Again, population is relative. If you had 100 million (100,000,000) people in your country, you would have 10 million (10,000,000) troops. 10% of your population.

Inter-regional war:
In the event of an inter-regional war, travel will take much longer and moving troops to your enemy will be heavily inconvenient. Also, if your troops are passing through other nations, they have the ability to stop them.

Me (Crispy_), supreme lord and god of all things everywhere:
Do not mess with me.
You heard me.
Don't.

I have the power to end a war when the outcome is obvious. I can also end a war and establish peacetime, if the demand to do this is high. I can also wipe your country from existence if you do stupid stuff.

Template:
Your nation size is relative to your population. (during peace time)
Templates MUST include (but are not limited to; if you want to include more detail):
Name
Language(s)
Population
Religion(s)

Economy Type
Currency

Government Type
Ruler

Notable Cities

If you are at war

Active Troops
Special Units

Example:
Name: Republic of Example
Language: Examplic
Population: 262,000,000
Religion: Examplity

Economy Type: Market
Currency: Examp Dollar

Government Type: Democracy
Ruler: President Exam Ple

Currently NOT at war.

Active Troops: 2,620,000
Aircraft Carriers: 10
Warships: 10
War planes: 500

No stupid nations. Do not have really stupid and handicapped names like "SUPERGUNNATION" or "MINECRAFTLAND". Be creative. Also, it would be nice if you had a flag, but you don't have to have one. Other people can edit for you if you cant get to it.

Finally, use COMMON SENSE. If you are questionable about an action, PM ME! If you wish to perform a covert action, you can PM me so I can allow it while keeping you covert in front of the other people here. Once again, I have the power to wipe your country from existence if you do stupid stuff.

If you feel that there should be new rules, PM me or discuss it in this topic.

Laziness will not be permitted. If you wish to go away for a bit, tell us. I will make sure people leave your nation alone. If you are too lazy to edit, get someone else to do it. Don't come running to me if they do it like an idiot, you brought this on to yourself for being lazy.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:35:14 AM by Crispy_ »

I put ice and snow on the map

Sponsored by Hank Hill.

To clarify, you can have your country on ice, land, and snow. Not on mountains, though. Unless your land surrounds a mountain, then you technically own it.
White = Snow
Light Blue = Ice
Blue = Water
Green = Land
Brown = Mountains

why can't you have countries on mountains? some of the world's first societies were on mountains

why can't you have countries on mountains? some of the world's first societies were on mountains
Erinaum began its ancient history in mountains.

Good point. I'll allow mountain ownership. Expansion would be very slow though because of the rough terrain.