Author Topic: Lt. Jamergaman's & Executioner173's Snow Trench Wars - V6 BETA 2 Testing!  (Read 1832 times)

Yes that's right! We're re-opening this server!
We've got a whole bunch of things planned for the next version for this Snow Trench Wars mod!
If you have played this before, well you better tighten up that belt of yours and get ready for some more action packed fighting!

How Snow Trench Wars came about

Well, Snow Trench Wars was just an idea that popped into my mind when I was playing on Xalos' Trench Warfare back in 2010.  My old friend Zax had shown me a build he was working on and I thought it would be perfect for a trench war server-then it hit me, Snow Trench Wars!  The build was perfect for the name because it had a white ground and was surrounded by tall black walls and had these two courtyards separated by a tall wall inbetween a pathway.

Now there was no add-on made for it during this time, all I did was download the Team Deathmatch add-on, then modified the build a little bit and started the server; in which was a huge hit might I add.

After a few months I figured "Hey, why don't I make a mod for this for many different features?", as much as that made much demand, I didn't know much on how to code but I started on it anyways.  A few months after that I made the mod and also had modified the build to be much bigger and also added vehicles-this added much happiness to people and I had to add more admins due to it.

A few years later the build transformed as the mod evolved and has now become what it is today!

Details
Here are the details below of what's gonna be featured in Version 6

+- Client Mod (will show pictures in time)
+- Re-written Server Mod (4300+ lines of code, previous version had 3500+ lines of code)
+- Improved Inventory System (Your inventory is not your tools slots! You can call it your 'backpack')
+- Improved Shop System (no more bugs :D)
+- Added Clan Support
+- Improved Chat
+- Settings System (you can change your settings in the 'settings' section of the interface)
+- Added 10+ Weapons
+- Edited All Weapons
+- Changed "Random Player Bonus/Negative" to "Random Player Boost/Setback" or also known as "Player Boost/Setback"
+- Improved RPB/S or PB/S
+- Added 'STWOS' or also known as "Snow Trench Wars Operations System" (not an 'operating system')
+- Added HoleBot Support
+- Added Build-Cycle (you can send builds to us and we'll review them (use trench dig bricks), still thinking if we should use it)
+- Added New Map (specifically used for version 6 and above (will show pictures over time))
+- Edited Gamemode_TrenchDigging
+- Converted Server_SnowTrenchWars to Gamemode_SnowTrenchWars
+- Improved Saving/Loading Client/Player Info System(s)
+- Added Player-Types "STW Player Normal Upgraded", "STW Player Fast Upgraded", & "STW Player Heavy Upgraded"
+- Added Slayer Territory Support
+- Improved Kicking System
+- Improved Muting System
+- Improved Force-Kill System
+- Improved Administration System
+- Added Co-Host System
+- Added Administration Action Log System (logs every action an admin does excluding gameplay)

Downloads
Snow Trench Wars Client - 645 KBs (UPDATED)
All STW Change Logs - 5.39 KBs

How to install an add-on (including steam)
If you are a steam user, your Blockland directory is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Blockland
If you are not a steam user, your Blockland directory is in C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\My Documents\Blockland

You'll see a folder named "Add-ons" in either of these directories, you want to open that folder and save the add-on in there.  After you have downloaded the add-on, it is best to restart Blockland for it to work, after you've done that you will need to set a keybind to open the interface.  Just go to Options >> Controls then scroll down until you see "Snow Trench Wars GUI | Toggle GUI", double click that and then set any key(s) to it and then you're set!

Server Information
You can find information about gameplay, client interface, administration, etc. here.

We use and will always use Bushido's T+T and Frogs Weaponry weapons because they are just suited for this and I just love them! Thanks to you Bushido.

One thing you'll notice right off the bat when joining the server and spawning is the HUD aka Heads Up Display.
This is important for gameplay-you'll notice that you can see your Dirt Block Count Bar, Armor Bar, Health Bar, EXP Bar, Rank & Level, Captured Points Count, and Money ($) Count.  All this is important and is very informative based on how you play.

Another thing you'll notice is the build has changed and that there are now AI's running around trying to kill you.
Well the build is something we've wanted to completely redo for a long time.  You'll notice that there are many hills and other small pieces of land in which aren't very far off the coast of the main island.  There is water, in fact there will be an oxygen and body temperature mod coming soon, but not that soon.  The AI was something that was supported when the build was first being made-they were implemented to help keep a low playercount from being bored and gave them a challenge.

We've removed the default teams from the gamemode and just went with optional teaming in the clan support part of the add-on.  You have a few other options when creating and/or modifying a clan.  Clans were meant just as a whole team itself option given to players until ideas started popping up out of nowhere when testing the first revision of Version 6 BETA 1.

Notifications are another thing you'll notice when playing the game; you'll see notifications that pop up from the bottom of the screen that will inform you of certain things that are triggered from specific things that you do.  There will also be message box notifications during gameplay or just browsing through/using the GUI aka Graphic User Interface.

Once you open the GUI, you'll notice there are various options to choose from-such as being able to view different pages of the interface; one of the including the Store, your Inventory, and even seeing the server Rules, but there are more.
You'll even be able to set your own settings and such.  Another thing you'll notice at the bottom of the interface is your career statistics, not all of them (at least yet) but the most important ones.

If you look off the right you'll notice that you can donate money to a player and also can create a/view clan also even Rank-Up.  You won't need to push the Rank-Up button if you have the setting "Auto Rank-Up" enabled as it will increase your Rank when you reach the specified career statistic goals.

There's been a few improvements to the Reporting and Suggesting systems, you can easily make a report and/or a suggestion when using the interface-once posted, the server mod will then take into account what you had posted and notify all administrators on the server.  Though of course being able to view reports and suggestions from the interface has not yet been finished, only the host can view them.

There is a Help section to the interface if you need any help or tips with gameplay.  If that section doesn't do any good to you, you can always ask a server administrator.

Administration

[Host] Lt. Jamergaman  |  BLID: 23108
[Co-Host Executioner173  |  BLID: 28987
[Admin] Xalos  |  BLID: 11239
[Admin] Mustang  |  BLID: 17617
[Admin] Cca  |  BLID: 26141

Pictures

You can view more photos by clicking any of the pictures above.

News/Updates

(08/14/13 - 11:32 AM) - Started re-writing whole server mod and started making client mod.
(08/28/13 - 05:43 PM) - Added Clan Support.
(08/28/13 - N/A) - Started making the new version 6 map.
(09/05/13 - N/A) - Made a Development Team.
(09/06/13 - N/A) - Added "Cca" to Development Team.
(09/06/13 - 03:34 PM) - Finished AI (HoleBot) System.
(09/14/13 - N/A) - Decision was made to remove teams and use clans for optional teams.
(09/16/13 - 12:56 AM) - Finished Clan System.
(09/25/13 - N/A) - Development Team registration available.
(10/12/13 - N/A) - Finished (R)PB/S Improvements.
(10/24/13 - 05:11 PM) - Edited Gamemode_TrenchDigging to work with Gamemode_SnowTrenchWars
(10/30/13 - 12:37 PM) - Finished Inventory, Store, and Ruling system for both server and client sides.
(11/10/13 - 12:47 AM) - Fixed minigame host damage bug.
(12/01/13 - N/A) - Added Slayer Territory Support.
(12/05/13 - N/A) - Finished User Stats in Administration page.
(12/06/13 - 01:42 PM) - Finished Client Settings System.
(12/09/13 - 07:53 PM) - Finished HUD for BETA 2.
(12/10/13 - N/A) - Finished BETA 2 UI Icons.
(12/13/13 - 01:31 AM) - Snow Trench Wars Version 6 BETA 2 is ready for play.
(12/14/13 - 11:36 PM) - Topic creation.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 09:21:42 PM by tkepahama »

-Reserved-

Added download link to all Snow Trench Wars Change logs.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 01:48:33 PM by tkepahama »

The UI looks poor.
But awesome nonetheless.

Don't worry that will change.
And thanks.

Totally stinks
0/10
Just kidding

oh stuff sorry i didn't do anything i was asleep lol

This looks outstanding. I love how there is actual terrain instead of the generic flat lands where people are expected to make their own terrain. Good job.

This looks outstanding. I love how there is actual terrain instead of the generic flat lands where people are expected to make their own terrain. Good job.
thank cca for that

I keep forgetting Sk8 is Executioner

I've been looking into getting an RTB Hosted server for this gamemode, the way I see it is that I'm gonna buy one after Christmas so any testing done before Christmas will not be done on a third-party hosted server.

The server is up right now for testing so it is HIGHLY recommended to download the client add-on from the OP right now instead of having to join the server only to get kicked and having to restart Blockland after downloading the add-on. unless you are a coder
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 03:15:43 PM by tkepahama »