Author Topic: Can't start loading datablocks on a headless Linux server  (Read 1726 times)

headless meaning without a desktop.

The server runs fine, other than that it never seems to actually "establish" a connection. Netstat is saying there aren't any on Blockland's port, 28001.
I've turned off firewalls to double check and I'm still stuck here.

What's odd though, is that I can still see chat messages fine. Before it was headless, everything ran fine.

It's stuck here.

File ownerships and group ownerships are correct, same thing happens with or without firewalls on, ports are forwarded, space is available, everything is read-write, all of my other stuff accepts connections fine. I don't know what's going on.

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash

GAMEMODE="EndlessMining"
screen -dmS blockland su blockland -c "wine ~/Blockland/Blockland.exe [launcher bypass code] -dedicated 1 -gamemode $GAMEMODE"
is how it's being started via systemctl on Arch if that's of any use.

Forgot to mention

netstat -anp | grep :28001 | grep ESTABLISHED | wc -lreports 0.

It's having trouble with UPnP. Try setting $Pref::Net::DisableUPnP to true on the server.

Also, I'm impressed that you're doing it right and made a new user for the server and all that stuff.

It's having trouble with UPnP. Try setting $Pref::Net::DisableUPnP to true on the server.

Also, I'm impressed that you're doing it right and made a new user for the server and all that stuff.
Same results.
and thanks

What happens if you start the server as root?

What happens if you start the server as root?
It runs fine
what in the world

I did notice that it actually posted to the master server under root. Under blockland, it never did.

Ok, that's what I suspected.

What groups is "blockland" a member of?

Ok, that's what I suspected.

What groups is "blockland" a member of?
None, other than it's own "blockland" group.
Starbound runs fine this way, Quake 3 runs fine this way, etc., so I assumed Blockland would be the same.

None, other than it's own "blockland" group.
Starbound runs fine this way, Quake 3 runs fine this way, etc., so I assumed Blockland would be the same.

Right, that's how mine work. I wonder if it has to do with wine.

Game itself runs fine under the blockland user, can confirm that.

because I can't edit:

webcom_postserver();
Can't post to master yet, must auth...

I suspect wine for some reason.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2688
I was going to say to look at this link, but I see you've actually contributed there. Maybe try a different version of wine.

I suspect wine for some reason.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2688
I was going to say to look at this link, but I see you've actually contributed there. Maybe try a different version of wine.
Yeah, going all the way back from 1.7.7 to 1.5.27, this keeps popping up:
Executing Add-Ons/GameMode_EndlessMining/override.cs.
Starting server authentication...
% fixme:winsock:WSACancelAsyncRequest (0xdeae),stub
Loaded the highscore...
Building spawn area...
Spawn area built.
Can't post to master yet, must auth...
Searched the fixme issue, that pointed to it being potential DNS issues, which also pointed to installing nss-mdns, which did nothing to help.

Maybe it is just wine. forget.

Is the DNS and other network info set up properly in wine?

Is the DNS and other network info set up properly in wine?
It should be if it runs fine under root.