Author Topic: How to make someone admin without RTB without giving out admin password.  (Read 999 times)

I honestly am at a loss for how to do this, does anyone know?

Temporary admin: open console, findclientbybl_id(id).isadmin = 1;

Temporary admin: open console, findclientbybl_id(id).isadmin = 1;
Hmm, perhaps I did it wrong the first time because I tried findClientByName("Name").isAdmin = 1; and the admin menu still pulled up a password prompt

You need to send a clientcmd to them that says their an admin as well, I always forget it though.

Run
findclientbybl_id(your id).dump();

Look under both "tagged fields" and "methods" for things along the lines of "admin"

Either post the whole output of dump here for me to poke through our just the promising ones, I'm not picky.
You need to send a clientcmd to them that says their an admin as well, I always forget it though.
scratch what I said, this is the important thing.

I did not do this last time, am trying this now.

NoEdit:

Still didn't work, probably because the person typing it in did it wrong

Look under both "tagged fields" and "methods" for things along the lines of "admin"
I can code ;_;
But it isn't my server, so idk. I just wanted load something on a new user's server after they asked me to.

This simplifies it a bit.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=233365.0

The functionality should really be default.

%client.isSuperAdmin=1; //obvious
%client.isAdmin=1; //obvious
%client.sendPlayerListUpdate(); //updates the player list information for the rest of the active clients
commandtoClient(%client,'setAdminLevel',%level); //allows the %client to use the admin menu
//%level = 1; (admin)