If we're expecting many new members, we should have another section

Author Topic: If we're expecting many new members, we should have another section  (Read 1015 times)

every introductory thread ever has been flamed to hell so

something like this should be changed. it never should have been like it is to begin with

Why do we need a "new users" board? What is the point?

but who would really read it
idk go to another forum and see for yourself
even if people who are already here didn't have any interest, a section like that would help new members feel more welcome, and the people who join then may become the people who post there since nobody here right now seems to give a damn

and the people who join then may become the people who post there since nobody here right now seems to give a damn
makes sense i guess

A large part of the people who make "I'm new" threads turn out to be alts. And even if there are people who aren't, there is seriously no need to announce your arrival in the first place. They just need to blend it like normal people.

Wolfire Forums don't have an introductory section.

OT: After BL on Steam, I half-support this. I don't expect a ton of new users from Steam to come to the forum right away (I joined a year after I bought the game even before it was on Steam), but it would be nice to have one.

What we really need is a board for servers

every introductory thread ever has been flamed to hell so
that's because 99% of them up until this point have been alts. around here, introducing yourself has not been the norm

if there was a board it would be, so they wouldn't be flamed at all.

I just wanna kinda bring this up again. so we've gained like, what, ten thousand players? over the past few days. so it wouldn't be ridiculous to assume well gain at least a couple hundred members for the forum, when that becomes an option. but that really is a low estimate. tbh I'd expect more like a thousand, and that's still only a tenth of the new players
anyway
we normally have around only 300 or so active members at a time. and it's not exactly slow-paced. so imagine doubling or tripling that
and if very many of them at all decide to introduce themselves...