Author Topic: vehicle collision "sparks"  (Read 877 times)

a script that makes it so that, whenever a vehicle hits something, it creates an explosion that propels away the vehicle at the closest surface to it's direction of motion, making a small light flash or collision particle burst and forcing the vehicle to 'glance' or 'plink' away from the target entity

as just a general, sort of hacky way to improve vehicles as a whole

legit, I could do this right now

edit:

Edit again:

another image (these are hard to take at the right time)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 04:27:22 PM by MARBLE MAN »

send that to me when you're done? i'll make some particle FX

maybe make it so that when you collide with things it checks the datablock for what sound it should make, and if the datablock doesn't have a sound bound to it it plays a default sound

also maybe make it so that it chooses a random sound off of a list of 4 sounds (for the sake of aesthetics), which are all again defined in the datablock

send that to me when you're done? i'll make some particle FX

maybe make it so that when you collide with things it checks the datablock for what sound it should make, and if the datablock doesn't have a sound bound to it it plays a default sound

also maybe make it so that it chooses a random sound off of a list of 4 sounds (for the sake of aesthetics), which are all again defined in the datablock
Pretty sure vehicles already make their noises when they hit something.

they're unreliable, though

the point of this mod is to both make vehicle collisions visually interesting and consistently cause them to give the player feedback (which includes sounding off when appropriate)

they're unreliable, though

the point of this mod is to both make vehicle collisions visually interesting and consistently cause them to give the player feedback (which includes sounding off when appropriate)
Are they unreliable? Regardless, this mod probably packages the default onImpact function, which controls sounds in the first place so you wouldn't really get it to work more reliably

Are they unreliable? Regardless, this mod probably packages the default onImpact function, which controls sounds in the first place so you wouldn't really get it to work more reliably
it uses onCollision and a timeout