Author Topic: Bot - Slot Support (Carry more weapons like us)  (Read 4910 times)

Bots can now have slots like us.

Events:

Bot > UseTool - Uses a tool depending on the slot number you put in. (If it exists, obviously)
Bot > UnUseTool - They just put their weapon away.. I am not sure if I should remove this one
Bot > AddTool - Adds a tool from the item data.
Bot > RemoveTool - Removes a tool depending on the slot number you put in. (If it exists, obviously)
Bot > UseRandomTool - Uses a random tool from their 5 slots.

Download - Support_BotSlots

The default max slots is 5, you can change it using /SetBoxSlots MaxSlots, it cannot be less than 1.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:29:06 PM by Advanced Bot »

Bots can now have slots like us.

Events:

Bot > UseTool - Uses a tool depending on the slot number you put in. (If it exists, obviously)
Bot > UnUseTool - They just put their weapon away.. I am not sure if I should remove this one
Bot > AddTool - Adds a tool from the item data.
Bot > RemoveTool - Removes a tool depending on the slot number you put in. (If it exists, obviously)
Bot > UseRandomTool - Uses a random tool from their 5 slots.

Download - Support_BotSlots

At the moment I have set the max slots on bots to 5, since that is usually the max amount for most datablocks.
add an RTB pref to change the limit of weapons allowed on bots (within reason of course)

add an RTB pref to change the limit of weapons allowed on bots (within reason of course)
RTB won't be as widely used anymore, I guess he could add it, but I don't see a point.  Just make it a slash command, people aren't dumb and know how to type.

Done.

RTB won't be as widely used anymore, I guess he could add it, but I don't see a point.  Just make it a slash command, people aren't dumb and know how to type.
I guess we could wait for BAM

This was needed looooong ago, thanks.

But the UseRandomTool one doesn't work, it doesn't give them anything.
As far as I know the others are working.

This was needed looooong ago, thanks.

But the UseRandomTool one doesn't work, it doesn't give them anything.
As far as I know the others are working.
UseRandomTool only works when they have more than 2 weapons in their slots.

RTB won't be as widely used anymore

You can still use it for prefs. I don't see why he shouldn't include it.

You can still use it for prefs. I don't see why he shouldn't include it.
It has a server command. Are you really that lazy to just do /setBotSlots 10?

UseRandomTool only works when they have more than 2 weapons in their slots.
It should always work.

Or just make it as another event, tied to the specific bot.

Why not just use the tool limit on the bot datablock?

Dang bots these days, they're becoming more and more like us...

BAM is supposed to have legacy support for RTB_addPref.

Why not just use the tool limit on the bot datablock?
Yea, I should have done that in the first place.