Poll

Incorperate the build from the new years party into this?

No, keep the build we have and work on it.
11 (44%)
Yes, use the dance floor and spawn from new years and branch off of it for suites/gamemodes etc.
6 (24%)
Yes, but make a side area/room accessiable but not replacing anything we currently have.
8 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: blockland tower --- server open! be sure to try /auth  (Read 6442 times)

When you check out of a suite, the bricks in the suite are saved to a file in:
config/server/blt/suites/<your blid here>.blt
Each brick get's one line
The datablock TAB relative position to the suites baseplate TAB angleid TAB color
Very little information is saved as you don't get wrenches, so most of the properties cannot yet be changed.
so it's an addon or something? I'm guessing it's private. is there any plan for it to not be private?

Drendran open the server AFTER new years please

so it's an addon or something? I'm guessing it's private. is there any plan for it to not be private?
Yeah, it's an add-on.
Not sure what else it'd be?

Drendran open the server AFTER new years please
That's pretty much the plan.
Doesn't mean tests won't be public before then.

Yeah, it's an add-on.
That's pretty much the plan.
Doesn't mean tests won't be public before then.
1. Make it more private as in, don't let anyone else on but a select few unless beta tests in 2014
2. Why not use the one map linked in the other topic?
3. Do we even know if the gamemodes are stable/finished yet?
4. I think we should just work on the new years server for now, I don't want us to abandon the project.

I could add some evented furniture if you need more

Yeah, it's an add-on.
ok. are you going to release it? unless it already has been released and I'm just oblivious

ok. are you going to release it? unless it already has been released and I'm just oblivious
Well it's kinda specific to this gamemode.

Anyway, added the keg brick. Great for parties, a favorite on gmod tower.

Well it's kinda specific to this gamemode.
this isn't the only use for it. I could use it in something I may or may not make. it's not needed, but it's convenient. unless you just want to keep it to yourself why not?

Ok I'm connecting... Dawn has saved me a suite while I load... This is going to be cool.

this isn't the only use for it. I could use it in something I may or may not make. it's not needed, but it's convenient. unless you just want to keep it to yourself why not?
I mean, I'd have to figure out how to make it customizable.
But I could consider releasing it, if others would indeed find it useful.
Ok I'm connecting... Dawn has saved me a suite while I load... This is going to be cool.
He doesn't have to save you a suite lol
There's 8 suites atm, and only 5 players. (you can only 'have' a suite while you're connected, and not playing a gamemode)

I mean, I'd have to figure out how to make it customizable.
But I could consider releasing it, if others would indeed find it useful.
I definitely would be able to use it and I'm certain other people could find uses for it
how is it used? like, is it an event?

I definitely would be able to use it and I'm certain other people could find uses for it
how is it used? like, is it an event?
Kinda, there's a general client.leaveSuite() event that's triggered whenever they join a gamemode or leave the server.
It also triggers the removal and archiving of the bricks in the suite.

When someone loads a suite (also part of another event client.getSuite()) all the bricks from the archive/save are loaded into a list $tempBLT::suiteBricks[%room] - $tempBLT::suiteBrick[%room,%i] and each time a player adds a brick to their suite, it is also added to said list.

When archiving/saving the bricks it simply goes though this list, omitting any bricks that are no longer present.

I kind of like this.  I think the build could be a little better (can't really judge though, I couldn't do better) but I like the idea behind it.

I kind of like this.  I think the build could be a little better (can't really judge though, I couldn't do better) but I like the idea behind it.

I plan on future edits to the detail and structure of the main parts of the builds, but for now, we're concentrating on the functionality of it.

*Kenko resets server list*
*Attempts to join unpassworded server, but comes up with "Wrong password."*
*Resets server list again*
*Server is passworded*

true story