Author Topic: Event_Quests || Slay 10 Blockheads, and you shall join our clan  (Read 5995 times)

Use it with VCE.
The point of this is so you DON'T have to use vce

And holy crap how do you robots remember that stuff about it

Wow, this seems incredibly useful!

One question:
Does it save the quests you completed?
Like if they leave the server or the server restarts, can they do the quest again or does it save their progress?

Wow, this seems incredibly useful!

One question:
Does it save the quests you completed?
Like if they leave the server or the server restarts, can they do the quest again or does it save their progress?

No, but my flight just ended and I'm driving home, when I get home I'll make an update that supports that as soon as I can

No, because the total number of objectives to complete is set to 10.It's 10 Ogres because of the total number of objectives to complete is set to 10.

You assign which bots are applicable to the quest by putting the below events only on Ogre spawn bricks.
Code: [Select]
onBotKilled -> Self -> completeObjective | Ogre Slayer | [  ]
onBotKilled -> Self -> endQuest | Ogre Slayer
Ah, i see
Edit: So does this only work with bots right now? No actual blockheads?

idk how or why you would want to do that anyway

I'll have to experiment with this.

Ah, i see

I'm pretty sure using minigame events with the OnMinigameKill input will work for that.

I was in dire need of this, thank you so much that old one did not work well at all. I also like the idea with the objectives. Also how would you prevent someone from doing a quest again?

Okay I am home, so here is a list of things I'll be working on in the next update off the top of my head

Event_Quests V2 Pre-Changelog
  • RTB Preferences, which will handle some things
  • Quest auto-saving, toggleable in RTB Preferences
  • Force createQuest toggle, user does not get a choice if he wants to do the quest or not, he will be forced to do it
  • Manual.txt file in the .zip, so you can learn in-depth about what you can do in this add-on, and some event snippets
  • Disable createQuest offering after completing the quest, user cannot take the quest again, works more effectively if you enable Quest auto-saving
  • Quest completion notification to everybody, everybody gets told who completed a quest when they complete it; toggleable in RTB Preferences
  • Add new event checkCompleteQuest, so for higher level, or linear quests along what storyline you've produced, you can check to see if the user completed x quest, and there will be onQuestCTrue and onQuestCFalse

And here are some things that I will implement optionally, depending on if you guys want me to or not

Event_Quests V2 Optional Pre-Changelog
  • Quest Score, gain some points for completing each quests, only after completing the quest, can identify number of quest score to gain at the winQuest brick
  • Split endQuest into 2 events, failQuest and winQuest, they will both have parameters the same as endQuest, only in failQuest, you won't gain any Quest_Score

Also I forgot to mention, you can forfeit a quest, by typing /forfeit; but I suppose that will have to be patched up too in the new V2 changelog since forced quests.[/list]

EDIT: i will most likely work on this tomorrow, i have already finished checkCompleteQuest, and lock re-playing a quest you've already did. i don't think that the force quests will be implemented due to event system having a limit on a number of parameters you can put, i don't know maybe it was an error or something.

and i have gotten RTB preferences done.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 06:11:36 PM by PurpleMetro »

Finally, I've been waiting for an event like this for a very long time.

Can you create quest and objective time limits.  (0 ignores this method)

PERFECT for my GTA blox murtos server