Poll

[holder poll, doesn't count for anything] Pick a favorite website

Drunk Ron Swanson
This is Why I'm Broke

Author Topic: CityMod  (Read 22001 times)

So he's allowed to have his two cents wherever he wants on this topic. Sadly.

New poll guys! Post your reasons for why you think what you voted for is important! I can get this started just for sake of discussion:

Size: Obvious. It's a City! Not a town, nor a village, or even a territory. Cities are large and have areas outside of them that supply them with stuff like food and raw goods. Further, what fun is it to be able to walk from one side of the map, to the other in less than a minute? LAAAAAME.

Realism: That's kinda iffy and dependent on the theme. If it's a medieval City RPG, realism is difficult but common sense none-the-less. Roads aren't pink (unless it's some weird sci-fi stuff) and there are sidewalks. Lights turn on at night to illuminate where you're going. single story civilian houses don't belong next door to a 12 floor sky-scraper. Simple logic!

Low brick-count: Having a really nice map is great and all. But if it means each house is limited to 500 bricks... I'm out, I'm sorry. I can't even make a bathtub less than 500 bricks (if you can't make a bathtub with less than 50 bricks shame on you)

uniqueness: City RPGs are ALL the same visually. Big ol' crater in the ground filled with roads and holes for lots. Maybe a lake, and a bunch of trees, but a LOT of trees in just ONE spot. Maybe mix it up! Have a forest or two, or maybe have an open pit mine and have the city atop a mountain! Make it crazy new!

different environments: I hump trees for fun in my free time and I think people who live in cities are bad

Other: I think the roads should be pink regardless of theme

voted for uniqueness

the city is going to be too big anyways, if its at the same rate it was before

voted for uniqueness

the city is going to be too big anyways, if its at the same rate it was before

Ehe
About that
The map we're looking at is bigger

Ehe
About that
The map we're looking at is bigger

yeah its stupidly large

Low brick count. Unless bricks are in different areas that players are teleported too

Happy New Years everyone!

My New Years Resolution: Finish CityMod

Happy New Years everyone!

My New Years Resolution: Finish CityMod
yay

Realism of course
It needs to look like a city

Finish CityMod
apparently Vaux wasn't planning on finishing CityMOD until just now
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 04:41:35 PM by AdinX »

apparently Vaux wasn't planning on finishing CityMOD until just now
ummmm
ummmmmmm
UMMMMMMMM.

ummmm
ummmmmmm
UMMMMMMMM.

That's it, I'm turning the Prius around!

Bump.
As some of you may or may not be aware, there has been some drama revolving around conservative. Whether he was framed or actually committed whatever acts against the BL servers isn't up for debate or discussion here, but Conservative was one of our primary modelers, if not the only one.
May his models rest in pieces