[Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)

Poll

New wepons

>;^3
80 (43.5%)
No
10 (5.4%)
TY BB
94 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: [Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)  (Read 145520 times)

That made me laugh, but yes I do see your point. Although it would seem decently balanced if all the players received the same effect. A big game of chance, and the jack of all trades I would say.

I'd eat my hat I'd coding was the only thing determining if I were good at aiming or not.
A game of chance isn't fun, it's just frustrating.

It being balanced among all players just creates a spray and pray scenario. Mmmmm, fun stuff amirite?

Switch out the ol' melee weapon and boom. 20+ kills at the expense of players calling it unfair.

I'd suggest that, instead of using projectiles, use raycasts with radius checks at the end of them so you actually have SOME sort of accuracy with the swords.
Right now in duels I almost always miss all my swings unless my opponent is completely standing still. They're not that fun to use in their current state :/

EDIT: I'm feeling like rewriting the way these weapons work completely. As in, the actual hit detection and stuff. I suppose I could give that to you once I'm done?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 08:49:27 AM by Crystalwarrior »

I'd suggest that, instead of using projectiles, use raycasts with radius checks at the end of them so you actually have SOME sort of accuracy with the swords.
Right now in duels I almost always miss all my swings unless my opponent is completely standing still. They're not that fun to use in their current state :/

EDIT: I'm feeling like rewriting the way these weapons work completely. As in, the actual hit detection and stuff. I suppose I could give that to you once I'm done?
The only problem I have with an explosion of some sort is you could hit through walls, if you circumvented that; then you could just hit right under a person and it would hurt them. It's not that hard to get a hit on someone once you learn the range of the weapons.
The point of these weapons is to give a better alternative to the melee that we have had for some time; by giving them more than one animation.

Feel free to still show me what you've edited, it might be better than what already is.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 12:43:44 PM by Deadzone »

There is still no reply from Takato, I'm assuming he quit.
I guess you could go ahead and take his finish models, and just give him credit.

I guess you could go ahead and take his finish models, and just give him credit.

He's been out for a while.

Never got anything from him. :o

What could work is to make them fire invisible projectiles like a wide-angle shotgun.
Thus: The better you aim on your opponent, the better you hit and the closer you are, the more damage you do.

What could work is to make them fire invisible projectiles like a wide-angle shotgun.
Thus: The better you aim on your opponent, the better you hit and the closer you are, the more damage you do.
what the forget no
that's inefficent and dumb.
Don't worry, I've got the range covered via radius checks and sick vectorDot math. You don't have to directly aim at your opponent anymore.

EDIT: In case radius checks fail, there's also a "backup plan" which is a single raycast from the eye. It also handles the explosions if you hit a brick and stuff.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:42:35 PM by Crystalwarrior »

Crystal, have my babies. 
Seriously take them all, they're loud as forget.

what the forget no
that's inefficent and dumb.
Don't worry, I've got the range covered via radius checks and sick vectorDot math. You don't have to directly aim at your opponent anymore.

EDIT: In case radius checks fail, there's also a "backup plan" which is a single raycast from the eye. It also handles the explosions if you hit a brick and stuff.
I have no idea what you are saying there but it sounds good I guess.

It won't really change much to make something easier; now the guys who are already good with the weapons will be even better.
I feel like it would take away from the aiming factor, being a single projectile allows you to dodge in the first place.
It's like how you can't hit someone when their head pokes out a wall while they are crouched; as long as you know where to shoot: you can get them.

I won't lie, it's hard to use these weapons on servers with high ping per player; anyone with a lower ping has a huge advantage.

Alright. You can say I rewrote the entire functionality of the weapons.
Did both of the packs, although gloves-only versions. You can reskin them yourself I guess :V
http://puu.sh/6RR8Q.zip
http://puu.sh/6RR9N.zip
By the way, the damage width has been designed to be fair, as well as the range. So you CAN kill three people at once with a broadsword if you are lucky for them to be standing very close to each other, but it's still dodgeable.

Alright. You can say I rewrote the entire functionality of the weapons.
Did both of the packs, although gloves-only versions. You can reskin them yourself I guess :V
http://puu.sh/6RR8Q.zip
http://puu.sh/6RR9N.zip
By the way, the damage width has been designed to be fair, as well as the range. So you CAN kill three people at once with a broadsword if you are lucky for them to be standing very close to each other, but it's still dodgeable.
I'll post it to the main topic as an alternative, though personally it's not my type. It is still dodge-able but only barely; you don't really have to aim, like if you do a side swing you can hit someone from the back of the sword without even looking at them.