[Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)

Poll

New wepons

>;^3
80 (43.5%)
No
10 (5.4%)
TY BB
94 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: [Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)  (Read 145614 times)

Haha, someone doesn't know how stabbing works.
At this point I've tried to make it balanced with the 'dueling' aspect.

And why are you posting here? Nothing you are saying matters, it is not accomplishing anything but furthering your current image of "blithering idiot."
Some of it is being taken into account; I can't take all the advice as he said.

Would it be possible to make the spears throwable with right click?
I had tried; but currently out of my knowledge.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 09:14:18 PM by Deadzone »

I still think the existence of throwing weapon variants is a bad idea in a melee pack. Once players have the option to sit back and shoot each other with projectiles from a safe distance, they're gonna take it.
It would give people who want to use the melee weapons a disadvantage having to chase players around as they throw things at them slowly killing them.

Ive seen servers running this pack degenerate to that, myself included.

I still think the existence of throwing weapon variants is a bad idea in a melee pack. Once players have the option to sit back and shoot each other with projectiles from a safe distance, they're gonna take it.
It would give people who want to use the melee weapons a disadvantage having to chase players around as they throw things at them slowly killing them.

Ive seen servers running this pack degenerate to that, myself included.
Without the throwing weapons, you have people that like to run away until they get the max charge of a melee weapon; the point of the throwing weapons is to 'tag them' and make them come and fight. Granted the whole thing can turn into a ranged battle; but there's nothing I can do ATM.

Released Pack 2 today; no ranged weapon in it yet and I may not put one in.

Did you fix the bug in pack 2 where the fists were misplaced?
Because I had that on the server and had to remove fists.

Did you fix the bug in pack 2 where the fists were misplaced?
Because I had that on the server and had to remove fists.
I have had no such glitch; you would have to show me.

Without the throwing weapons, you have people that like to run away until they get the max charge of a melee weapon; the point of the throwing weapons is to 'tag them' and make them come and fight. Granted the whole thing can turn into a ranged battle; but there's nothing I can do ATM.

Released Pack 2 today; no ranged weapon in it yet and I may not put one in.

You should severely limit the recovery time before you can throw another projectile

You should severely limit the recovery time before you can throw another projectile
Then I have to limit the drawing time so that people don't just 're-equip' the weapon to avoid waiting. If the draw time is equal to that of the melee weapons: what's the point in even drawing the throwing weapon for a quick hit?

I have had no such glitch; you would have to show me.

you wanna forgetin go m8

Where are the swords? Are you sure that's this, lol?

Omg Lol
you wanna forgetin go m8
AHAHAHAHAHA! I remember seeing that; yes I have fixed it.

Ah tis, hooray for pack 2.

Have you considered making a ranged weapons pack next? Like bow, crossbow, etc.

Have you considered making a ranged weapons pack next? Like bow, crossbow, etc.
Most likely, though I most likely won't be releasing another pack for a while.

Just uploaded to RTB, now we wait for the answer.

Hey dead, could you find a way to make the hits a bit more realistic? It bothers me how I swing a sword, yet the animation passes through the person, towards the end of the stroke, and they take no damage. Is there a way you could fix this?