New wepons

>;^3
80 (43.5%)
No
10 (5.4%)
TY BB
94 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: [Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)  (Read 145219 times)

And...release. *exhale*

I'll still need to decide whether or not I want to modify the damages of the weapons. Enjoy the new graphics and skins.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 11:06:07 AM by Deadzone »

We already have several models for upcoming fantasy and history packs, but what would you guys like to see?

I will possibly do a request for a certain weapon or maybe a whole weapon pack if it is interesting or needed enough.

We already have several models for upcoming fantasy and history packs, but what would you guys like to see?

I will possibly do a request for a certain weapon or maybe a whole weapon pack if it is interesting or needed enough.

I'd say a flail, but I know that'd be a bitch to animate.

What about any of these for fantasy weapons?

I'd say a flail, but I know that'd be a bitch to animate.

A flail would be difficult af. It is simply above our limits here I'd say.

snip

What about any of these for fantasy weapons?

Some of the weapons there are interesting, but the first two and the fifth (left to right) are the only ones practical and fitting enough really. I might reach out to one of those more crazy ones to test my skill.

fifth
damn bro if you're doing 5 you gotta do 6 they're like evil twins

Ooh, how about weapons that do something different on their charged attack besides doing a bunch of damage. Like sword and shield that instead of charging up an attack, holding down the mouse brings up the shield.

Or an axe musket that on the charged swing, fires a (very inaccurate) projectile as you swing it, instead of additional damage.

Or a huge forget-off maul that creates a shockwave around you, or a sword that's charge attack is holding it out and spinning around 360 degrees, hitting anything around you.

switch axe from Monster Hunter series-

the mechanics of it have actually been re-created in real life, here's some guides on blade movement-

both images are clickable to access a larger version, didn't want to pagestretch.
From my own experience with MHT3, the switch axe is an amazingly deadly weapon in the right hands. In axe mode, it swings faster with a slow recovery rate, and has more aerial-oriented attacks (good for sending an enemy flying with a massive uppercut, or swinging downwards rapidly.) In blade mode, you get all of the weight and edge on one side, and your attack almost doubles. All attacks become 2-H like movements, with lots of combos being geared towards the front, with a better recovery rate from swinging. Downside is that your flank is left WIDE open, so attacks from smaller weapons to the side/rear would be bad news.

It's worth noting the switch-axe is intentionally humongous in the Monster Hunter series, because it's for hunting dinosaurs/dragons, like this forgeter-

damn bro if you're doing 5 you gotta do 6 they're like evil twins

True. I think I will.

The handle on 6 is just so stupid. I'd do something about it tho.

Ooh, how about weapons that do something different on their charged attack besides doing a bunch of damage. Like sword and shield that instead of charging up an attack, holding down the mouse brings up the shield.

Or an axe musket that on the charged swing, fires a (very inaccurate) projectile as you swing it, instead of additional damage.

Or a huge forget-off maul that creates a shockwave around you, or a sword that's charge attack is holding it out and spinning around 360 degrees, hitting anything around you.

These suggestions are really cool and I'd love to see them. In fact I'll consider doing some of them.
And by no means will I stop people from throwing such suggestions out, but I must clear this up.

If you look at the weapons, all of them, they are all pretty much the same. They have different animations and damage. Every now and then one of the weapons does extra knockback or does a cool animation but so far - we are making reskins of some good weapons. The suggestions you are giving have different mechanics and are their own project.

I just model the weapons myself. If you can convince Deadzone to make a whole new weapon like that it would be done.
If we end up doing a new type of weapon then I'll come back to your post.

Nothing against ya m8 but I don't wanna let a buncha folks down before I need to say that I'm just doing reskins.

How are you even able to hold that?

How are you even able to hold that?

It's worth noting the switch-axe is intentionally humongous in the Monster Hunter series, because it's for hunting dinosaurs/dragons, like this forgeter-
-image of giant sea-dragon snip-

It's a game based in japan. None of the weapons or armor make sense. The final boss for multiplayer is a dragon that literally controls the matter around him, and the boss before that is a dragon that acts like a whale. In the desert. Which you hunt with boats. in the desert.

The less you think about it the more it makes sense.

could you do these?

could you do these?

What is that from?

I'm interested in the spear since we will have a butt load of swords for fantasy

It's a game based in japan. None of the weapons or armor make sense. The final boss for multiplayer is a dragon that literally controls the matter around him, and the boss before that is a dragon that acts like a whale. In the desert. Which you hunt with boats. in the desert.

The less you think about it the more it makes sense.

You probably put a lot of work and excitement into your request but the whole "it's japan so they can be big and make no sense" is just a big turn off. Also, read my earlier post - we can't exactly make a whole new type of weapon mechanic (for this add on)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:31:26 AM by skoopdahoop »

Like sword and shield that instead of charging up an attack, holding down the mouse brings up the shield.

Or an axe musket that on the charged swing, fires a projectile as you swing it.

Or a huge forget-off maul that creates a shockwave around you, or a sword that's charge attack is holding it out and spinning around 360 degrees.
I don't actually know how to make a shield work properly.

One of the problems with having radius explosions from a weapon, is that it will affect the user as well. So if you have a knock-back shock wave, the person swinging the weapon will be knocked back as well.

We've gone past the realistic weapons that are in the default/medieval packs; I'm looking forward to having some interesting attacks that variate from just doing crap-loads of damage. An axe-musket is a nice example of something that may happen, though it may not be exactly that.

I can think of a way that we could implement that type of weapon, one where it switches styles after performing a power strike; however, each weapon can only support so many sequence commands. If I were to take that idea and use it, it wouldn't be exact same weapon in terms of design.

I have a lot of models that I'm looking forward to working with--a big thank you to Mr. N0body for giving them to me. I can't promise that all of your suggestions will make it into the final product, but don't be deterred. I hope to stick to this project as it grows, and to make something unique and enjoyable.