Author Topic: Bot Deaths  (Read 708 times)

Can anyone make a Addon where you can see the Bot's Death?

It would be good for Fun things. Like DM's and TDM's

You can easily event this into a bot hole by default.

OnbotDeath>Minigame>All>chatMessage>[XYZ has been killed by %1!]

However it would be nice if bots did have actual client-kill functionality. Even so I don't think it's gonna happen any time soon.

It's possible to event this.
onBotDeath > Minigame > chatMsgAll [ %1 <bitmap:base/client/ui/ci/generic> Bot ]

No I mean like bots killing other bots then you see what the bot killed. For example

BOT -> BOT

Like how you see Players killing Players

You can easily event this into a bot hole by default.
However it would be nice if bots did have actual client-kill functionality. Even so I don't think it's gonna happen any time soon.
It's possible to event this.
onBotDeath > Minigame > chatMsgAll [ %1 <bitmap:base/client/ui/ci/generic> Bot ]
did it occur to either of you that using "%1" would just make it show up with whoever's name was seeing it
not who actually killed the bot

Uh, it actually does display the name of the person that killed it. I tested it and it works perfectly fine.
I see 'UngaBunga -> Zombie' if I use that event and UngaBunga kills the bot.

Uh, it actually does display the name of the person that killed it. I tested it and it works perfectly fine.
Is UngaBunga a bot?

well, okay then. my mistake. I guess it works totally different in that situation for whatever reason

%1 just means the client in question of the events. With a chatMsgAll that's nobody, so it defaults to the reader. If it's input > player > output it's the same player as the player on which the events are applied.

Jack and Bill are playing in a TDM. They named a bot Bert. Suddenly, Jack kills Bert. Bill sees "Bert has been killed by Bill!" even though he did not kill him. This would not work.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 11:53:00 AM by Crispy_ »

No I mean like bots killing other bots then you see what the bot killed. For example

BOT -> BOT
onBotSpawn - Bot - setBotName - Bot

do this to both bots
pretty sure it works

Jack and Bill and playing in a TDM. They named a bot Bert. Suddenly, Jack kills Bert. Bill sees "Bert has been killed by Bill!" even though he did not kill him. This would not work.