Author Topic: Traditional House (Image Heavy) (Updated) (my very best)  (Read 3727 times)

You are mixing copyright with patents. Two entirely different things.

It'd be much better if you actually read some textbooks on IP Law before you started playing the e-lawyer.

ON:

It's a nice house. The exterior is a little drab for my tastes, but that's fine.
So anyone who steals my builds can be sued like Damian said, so Baddpot has actually created a way for me to make money even though it's a "key feature" of the game?

@AdinX

It is certainly an interesting question, but to my understanding you can't really do that. If I interpreted the license agreement right(aka. the long boring thing nobody ever reads), all derivative works belong to Blockland LLC. In this case, builds made in this program count as derivative work. Badspot, as a representative of Blockland LLC, expressed he doesn't care how people are using builds in this game, in fact he encourages saving. There are many posts where he clearly stated how he thinks "build stealing" is a non-issue.

Even if my interpretation is incorrect, you still could not sue. What would you claim? Damages? You need to prove losses have occurred because of the infringement of your copyright. Could you prove any monetary loss in this case? Moral damages? Perhaps, but it would be rather frivolous and I'm pretty sure the court would throw it out immediately.

Sorry for going off-topic.