Author Topic: Active depth of field?  (Read 497 times)

I'm looking to shoot a video in Blockland and i need depth of field control similar to real life film. I know that DOF screenshots are possible but is there maybe some kind of mod to have constant depth of field for videos and such?

Thanks.

No, not really. The DOF screenshot feature seems pretty unique in how it works. It's possible with engine changes/hacks, but you also need to realize that would mean taking your current framerate and dividing it by 30... You would need to get at least 900FPS now to get 30 FPS with a hacky DOF thing.

No, not really. The DOF screenshot feature seems pretty unique in how it works. It's possible with engine changes/hacks, but you also need to realize that would mean taking your current framerate and dividing it by 30... You would need to get at least 900FPS now to get 30 FPS with a hacky DOF thing.

hm

is there any way to "fake" it? like not use Blocklands DOF thing?

hm

is there any way to "fake" it? like not use Blocklands DOF thing?
Well that would be the magic of video editing.

Well that would be the magic of video editing.

yep. i figured i'd just have to greenscreen it.

it's possible but i just wanted to know if it was possible to have real DOF

yep. i figured i'd just have to greenscreen it.

it's possible but i just wanted to know if it was possible to have real DOF
Anything is really possible, in some form... Just now if it will run in real-time that is the challenge, so basically what Pecon said; it'd be very laggy and hacky.

Careful use of this makes it possible.

does this work when you are stationary?

changes your FOV based on how fast you are moving.

what does this mean, exactly

crap, can't edit

but isn't FOV the amount you can see, kind of like a wide angle lens?

i'm looking for depth of field, the blurriness of background and focus of foreground

yes, you're right, that's not what you want.
crap, can't edit

but isn't FOV the amount you can see, kind of like a wide angle lens?

just dropped by to confirm, i can't help you otherwise.

Oh, whoops.
Blockland can't do realtime DOF, DOF screenshots are made by taking multiple screenshots at different angles and carefully blending them together, the process takes several seconds as you presumably know. Your only real hope is move magic if you can manage it.

Your only real hope is move magic if you can manage it.

yup. totally possible

i really just wanted to see if there was a way, but apparently not

Dammit, I forgeted up my favourite phrase "movie magick" and there's no editing in help.
Well, you got the meaning at least. Good luck, then.