Author Topic: Need help running this old-ass game  (Read 391 times)

Not sure if this is the right place for this but. Bit of a dilemma here. I've been trying to run this old game, "Worlds" or "Worlds Chat" or "Worlds Player" or whatever. It's this virtual chat program that used to be pretty popular but died down and now is only inhabited by a few explorers of this (somewhat strange) internet relic.

I'm running Windows 8, and although I've downloaded two different versions of the game (the second link is apparently a newer(?) version), no matter how I try I cannot run it.

If anyone could help, it'd be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I have successfully installed and launched it on an older laptop running windows 7, gonna lock.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:15:15 PM by Fezbot »

have you tried setting the compatibility settings to something like 95, 98, 2000, or NT (not sure if that has a option)?

have you tried setting the compatibility settings to something like 95, 98, 2000, or NT (not sure if that has a option)?
Yeah, I tried compatibility for 95, XP on the older copy, and windows 7 on the newer one. No dice.

/doublepost but my charger apparently works with my old toshiba satellite so I'm going to try installing and running it from there