Author Topic: DDoS Attack - 2013/12/30 (ended)  (Read 82687 times)

still won't work
eughh of all days I choose to play Blockland it's today.

Guys.
I think I may have a plan an idea.
What if there's a way we can trick the DDoS-er into thinking that the DDoS worked? If we can do that, they will stop attacking us, thinking that their work is done.

Guys.
I think I may have a plan an idea.
What if there's a way we can trick the DDoS-er into thinking that the DDoS worked? If we can do that, they will stop attacking us, thinking that their work is done.
GENIUS

Oh my god I wake up and ITS STILL HAPPENING

Come on, somehow stop the DDoS and make my new years awesome! pls

sweet jesus this group is shutting almost all of the servers offline, EA, Gmod servers, World of Tanks and more.

Badspot

• Administrator
The only protection is prevention. More people need to have appropriate anti-malware installed on their computers and servers. Botnets (which provide the backbone for any DDoS attack) rely on coordinating computers that have been infected by the botnet to attack specific targets. If every computer in the world had appropriate anti-malware, botnets would be a million times harder to create and maintain.

If your plan involves everyone in the world doing something exactly right, your plan will fail.  

Anti-malware is a tiny bandaid on a hemorrhaging wound.  The entire method by which we run computer programs is fundamentally flawed and cannot be fixed with updates, patches or security software.  The entire system needs to be torn down and rebuilt.    

Got any clue when things will be functioning properly for everyone, Badspot?

Also, if this is interesting at all or means anything, when I launch via the launcher, I can't connect.

...but when I launch it through Steam, it works fine. I haven't had an authentication problem yet, and I just tested it again.

Got any clue when things will be functioning properly for everyone, Badspot?

Also, if this is interesting at all or means anything, when I launch via the launcher, I can't connect.

...but when I launch it through Steam, it works fine. I haven't had an authentication problem yet, and I just tested it again.
That's because the launcher requires the master server or something idk. Bypassing it via steam seems to work.

Things work like a charm, with the exception of a few hiccups for me here and  there.

Still can't get Blockland to work, Steam or no Steam.

Last server running on bl is gunna crash if we don't get an admin. Which is this one.
199.217.119.6:28300

Done, spam is cleared. And, you still have to access master2.blockland.us in your web browser before BL will launch.

Nvm, just had to reinstall the non-Steam version, and things are working like normal.

Is it just that simple?

DERP back at it again.

Anyone else besides me find it boring because what they are doing is preschooler stuff?

The game is able to validate my key, but whenever I log on to a server, it just says "CONNECTION ACCEPTED" with no progress on the loading bar.

At least Badspot and the guys at BL are trying their best to fix this server nightmare.